Nazareth the band?

deconfrost

Hey the rock band anyone know why they called themselves Nazareth? they dont seem to sing about Jesus and none of them are jewish ....its always boggled my mind

Love hurts blew my mind on my first acid trip.Don't really like the song but that night it took me away.1976

Nice thanks always wondered about the name . Iv got hair of the dog and rampart on vinyl ....my copy rampart sounds killer

I have a funny story about Nazareth. My nephew was graduating from high school and was trying to figure out something to get him for graduation. So I called my sister, who'a a Christian BTW, in Indiana and asked her if she knew what kind of music he liked because I was thinking about getting him some CDs for a graduation -present. She told me to wait and she would go look around the stereo and see if she could find out. She comes back and says, well, it looks like he listens to Christian music because there's one tape that says Nazareth. I kinda chuckled and asked her if the name of it was Hair Of The Dog and she says yes. I told her to listen to it and get back to me! She called back laughing and said THAT'S not Christian music. :thmbsp:

Why did they call themselves the monkeys did they like bananas or something ....I just thought id ask a stupid question so go easy .The greatest hits cover does kind of remind me of a christian rock band, it has that look with the stars and night sky all it needed was a sweet baby jesus in the bottom corner.

Dan McAferty is one of the great relatively unknown rock voices! Hair of the Dog (the album), is a masterpiece. Miss Misery is my favorite.

I just got LOUD AND PROUD today (1973) and its excellent!

I had a later album from them months ago (1976) but i didnt really care for it............

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom