Need a replacement belt for a BIC 40z turntable...

chop_sooie

Looked all over online and cannot seem to find the OEM style reddish-orange belt anywhere, my understanding (although I could very well be wrong) was that this belt was made of a particular material that was very resistant to warping or breaking. Lots of outlets say they have one that matches and will work fine but I have always tried to stick to OEM. Can anyone advise on a source for an OEM belt, or barring that, a reputable online seller for an aftermarket replacement? Thanks!

I've had a 940 and 960. They both use the same belt. I had the original on the 960 and a $9 replacement on the 940. Couldn't tell the difference performance-wise.

There are orange belt replacements if you look up 960 on the big bidding website.

I've had a 940 and 960. They both use the same belt. I had the original on the 960 and a $9 replacement on the 940. Couldn't tell the difference performance-wise.

There are orange belt replacements if you look up 960 on the big bidding website.

Yes but are either of these the same belt as the 40Z??

heheh thatnks dude I JUST came across that one on the bay. I was doing a specific search for the 40z which s why I missed it earlier. Even though that auction does not specifically include the 40z as a compatible model the other auctions for BIC belts say they are all the same. I will go ahead and order that ELASTOMER drive belt and not that cheap non-OEM POS that KlipschFan linked me to. Thx

heheh thatnks dude I JUST came across that one on the bay. I was doing a specific search for the 40z which s why I missed it earlier. Even though that auction does not specifically include the 40z as a compatible model the other auctions for BIC belts say they are all the same. I will go ahead and order that ELASTOMER drive belt and not that cheap non-OEM POS that KlipschFan linked me to. Thx

Oops. Sorry, I SAW 940. Gotta get more sleep.....

TBH, I bought a black replacement belt, and I can't tell the difference....

That is not the original OEM style orange belt. The OEM belt was comprised of a compound that lots of owners say lasted for decades which is why I was looking for one. Did you even read my post?
No need to be rude. A belt is a belt. Orange or pink, they're all made of the same stuff. If one wears out, you spend another 10 bucks for a new one.

Since my ebay account is suspended due to me not wishing to pay their exorbitant fees, I found that seller's company has a website, they specialize in Dual BIC and Garrard tables and parts. They have the OEM style elastomer orange belt in stock and only $9.95 including shipping (same as the ebay price.) Ordered!

http://turntableexperts.com/

No need to be rude. A belt is a belt. Orange or pink, they're all made of the same stuff. If one wears out, you spend another 10 bucks for a new one.

Bolded part is wrong. Ask the seller I found the orange belt through above. And I found the OEM elastomer orange belt for the same price so why buy a POS non-OEM crap.
You tell me not to be rude but unlike Bruce's response yours was extremely sarcastic and in NO way addressed what my actual question was.

The black rubber replacement belts for BIC turntables are vastly inferior to the original orange/red belt. They will be OK, at first, but will deteriorate relatively quickly. Get the originals from Adam at Turntable Experts, AKA Southstreet Service in New York. He does sell them on eBay, too.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom