Need Advice!

analogman

Hello,
I need some knowledgeable input regarding the Fisher X-202-C. I have a friend who's preparing to buy one within the hour off ebay, and I don't want to see him pay too much. I know this little amp is well regarded, I just would like input on value. I know very little about this Fisher. From what I can tell from the pictures, it's about a 6 out of 10, cosmetically speaking. OP tubes are Russian, EH. Give me a range. I don't want to sound demanding, but I would GREATLY APPRECIATE your help as soon as possible. Thank you very much!
Regards,
Analogman

Last edited:
A link to the auction would of been helpful. Without I would have to say 6 out of 10 is worth $200 or so.

Was this it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73369&item=5741612964&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Craig's correct on the base value of a working "6" in the $200 range. I would guess that this one would clean up to a solid 8 or better. The front panel appears to be very good, all lettering present, and no dings I can see, other than the mark to the right of the Remote Speaker switch. The raised trim will polish up very nicely. Brass knob caps all present, and those will clean up also. The blotchy discoloration on the chassis is very common, and isn't a major concern. If you wish, a little elbow grease and some polish like Wenol will improve it considerably. Be careful around the chassis lettering.

This went for a very fair price, if not a bit of a deal, if it works well. The C series integrateds generally don't fetch as good a price as the B series, probably because stylistically the 202-B's match the "vintage" look and link to the X-1000, while the C links the line to the first of the solid state T series.

Did your friend pick it up or decide to let it go?

If he snagged it, I think he's going to like the sound a lot! :yes:

Clay

Thanks!

Fisherdude said:
Was this it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73369&item=5741612964&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Craig's correct on the base value of a working "6" in the $200 range. I would guess that this one would clean up to a solid 8 or better. The front panel appears to be very good, all lettering present, and no dings I can see, other than the mark to the right of the Remote Speaker switch. The raised trim will polish up very nicely. Brass knob caps all present, and those will clean up also. The blotchy discoloration on the chassis is very common, and isn't a major concern. If you wish, a little elbow grease and some polish like Wenol will improve it considerably. Be careful around the chassis lettering.

This went for a very fair price, if not a bit of a deal, if it works well. The C series integrateds generally don't fetch as good a price as the B series, probably because stylistically the 202-B's match the "vintage" look and link to the X-1000, while the C links the line to the first of the solid state T series.

Did your friend pick it up or decide to let it go?

If he snagged it, I think he's going to like the sound a lot! :yes:

Clay

Thanks for the reply, Clay! That is the one my friend was bidding on and he won. I feel better now. Thanks again for the insight.
Regards,
Analogman

Back
Top Bottom