Need help on building a vintage audio system.

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by karapet, Dec 9, 2017.

1. karapet

karapet New Member

Hi everyone,

I am a complete newbee, but I have got speakers DCM Time Window that sparked me an idea to build an antire vintage audio system. i put my eyes to start off: Marantz 2215B or Mcintosh 4100. It has just happened that here's locally for sale one 4100 for around $650. I am going to look at it this morning.
    Please, I need your guidance on how to do it in most proper way. I would love to be an enthusiast in the future, once I build a few systems.
    My DCM speakers don't have anything spec wise wisible, only a serial number: 28788 and 28789 respectiely. I am posting pictures of them. Everyone's help is most appreciated.

Oleksandr.

Attached Files:

Nightwisher likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. motorstereo

motorstereo AK Subscriber Subscriber

Rule 1 don't post about a potential score until it's in your possesion. Yes I looked at your location but it's too far for me to go for my 2nd 4100 lol. That's a great price on the 4100 and it's a great start to your collection as well. That will run your DCM's quite nicely along with pretty much any other pair of speakers you'll acquire in your journey.

Nightwisher likes this.
  3. just dave

just dave vintage rules!

Cool, good luck ,hope you snag it.

4. Nightwisher

Nightwisher Farer In The Goldilocks Zone Subscriber

I don't know much about Time Windows, but I know they're well-regarded. Should make a wonderful system with the McIntosh or Marantz. Sweet!

5. gdmoore28

gdmoore28 Super Member

Any progress?

GeeDeeEmm

6. Myrdhinn

Myrdhinn Active Member

Had a friend that had those very same time windows... really nice sounding.

Ds2000 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt New Member

I bought some Time Windows about 4 months ago. Incredible. I'm done with all others. Per reviews at the time, despite their large size, they are especially effective in a smaller room which is where I have them.

Nightwisher likes this.