need temp amp

tpalumbo

Advice please I am looking for a temp amp while my luxman M-4000 is getting new upgrades Adcom, Hafler, Nakamichi, parasound

Get a $100 hafler and enjoy and flip when done. 100+ wpc should hold you over until that 180watter if done. The Adcom, no speaker protection, not that the hafler has much but there are fuses.

A Mcintosh 7100. very low distortion though rated at 100 watts will put out about 150 when the power guard circuit comes on. Similar signal to noise, but no meters. If you want meters a 7200, but now you are talking big money a though rated at 200 watts will put out 324 watts peak at 8 ohms at over 500 peak across 4 ohms and way to much across 2 ohms. Luxmans had a beautiful warm sound. You might look for a Sansui or Pioneer for a similar sound. On the cheap, look for a NAD.

you can borrow one of my spare Luxman 75 to 100 watt per channel integrated amp. :)
Careful, he might be local. Hell, for a Luxman I might make myself local
index.php

I'll second the idea of a chip amp. But my Topping TP-21 has more of an edge than I remember from my Lepai, and my brain finally stumbled upon an un-orthodox deployment of my Marantz MM9000 THX-certified 5 channel amp, using only two of the channels.

A significant side benefit for me are the input-level controls, since my preamp does not have a balance control, and one of the Quads' HT power supplies is getting tired.

The edge is totally gone, and the result is sweet. It may be awhile for my regular amp to get fixed, so I'm glad I made the effort. Just think of a 162-year-old man struggling to move a nuclear power plant...

Any Advice on where to send my amp if I am unable to get it working I have replaced all caps and a few other things and its giving me hell, I want this amp with the C-1000 the sound is so sweet and smooth especially with LP

There are about 7 places to send your amp and this is without the input from worldwide locations. So if you want us to recommend a place, it would be better for you to fill in your location in your profile and it will appear under your avatar and folks could say something like, "Oh, he is in Northridge, CA, best place around those parts is Northridge Electronics, Simi Valley, CA, where Tom does excellent work." Or you could sent it to Scott in VT. We don't know what to recommend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom