Neets - Naval Electrical Engineering Training Series Online

Found an error in the Mod1-Matter, Energy and DC.pdf file. In chapter 3, page 3-94, an example of a simple voltage divider is given. The illustration 3-64 is incorrect as it shows a complex parallel circuit reduced to one that is more easily read. The correct illustration is shown here:

http://www.tpub.com/neets/book1/chapter3/1-35.htm

on the site that appears in the first post of this thread.

I just took a little time to look over the NEETS site. Wow. Taking into consideration that I was a Marine Infantryman (0351), what sections are relevant to learning how to trouble shoot, repair and maintain hi fi equipment? 0351 is an 03 that reads and writes well.

i was a 'push-button' at NATTCenter from '76 to '77. man, that first month of AFTA (the math month) was a real biatch. a test every morning, a 'sweat' test every friday and get put on report if you don't do your homework. dayum...

Any wonder why "MacGyver" was so popular a show in its day?
Ha.. I spent several years working in field service for TPQ36, TPQ37 radars and bunch of ex-military. There was very little they couldn't do in the field with bubble gum, a straight pin and a bra strap :) Well, maybe a zip tie or two also..

Wow! This brings back memories of "A" school. We completed 70-80% of these in eight months back in the day. The same schools are now three or four months and I doubt the NEETS mods are even looked at any more. Thanks for reminding me of my time at NATTC Millington, TN.

Lots of good memories and great information there.

Yep, I was at NATTC from Jul 81 to Mar 82, and AVA wasn't the end, I had to to TD 'A' afterwards. We had to race Jim Jim, the computer. It's really strange that we don't have Air Force and Army folks in here! I use a Pace solder station and Tektronix scope just like I did back then. The main school I worked in was a practicals lab for troubleshooting, and the equipment had a tremendous amount of surface mount components, considering it was early '80s! They were referred to as 'flat packs'.

I never had the honor of serving. Tried to enlist at the beginning of the first gulf war, but was turned away by all 4 branches due to multiple college sports injuries and surgeries. I have regretted answering honestly every day since, although knowing myself I wouldn’t have dealt well with building a career, or even doing a short stint, based on lies. So thank you to each and every one who did serve. My older brother, Retired Cobra and Apache instructor always said I wouldn’t have finished boot camp because of my mouth, but I survived the corporate world so can shut up occasionally when required. Haha. I know nothing about electronics, other than I have touched the wrong things and blown enough fuses and tripped enough breakers to know I need help. So this might really come in handy. So thank you so much for posting this.

This is even better than what I remember about my Electronic Component Repair classes over 9 months at Keesler AFB. I remember if you didn't get at least a 90 percent average you had to take the class over again and you were only allowed one repeat of a class or you would washed out. Good memories. I had some top notch instructors, however once I got out after 4 years, I went to college for public health and brain dumped it all over the past 26 years......ugh! Thanks for the link!! I am going to DL and print!

Here is one from old school at Keesler:

Last edited:
Also -- don't miss the technical book archive at:
https://worldradiohistory.com/
Sams, Ryders, TAB, Gernsback, and some of the home study courses, all under one roof (and - mostly - searchable).
... and oh-so-much more (audio, radio, and the entertainment biz)

A phenomenal resource.

upload_2021-1-11_7-11-59.png

@EvilDingo,

Thanks for the links!! Love the old school docs!! OLD SCHOOL IS THE BEST SCHOOL!!!:)

Cheers!!

I agree, there is a certain feel about the old school vibe.... I wish had all the binders from my training back in '92 (not quite as old school as the '76 link but still considered old school) :)

@mhardy6647

Thanks for this wonderful site. :)

One of the best out there!! I have downloaded all the vintage Stereo magazines which I have to say, are AMAZING!! The quality of the writers and articles is unsurpassed!! My favorite is "Stereo Review" magazine:

"Stereo Review was an American magazine first published in 1958 by Ziff-Davis. It was one of a small group of magazines then available for the individual interested in high fidelity (the other major ones being Audio and High Fidelity)"

https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/HiFI-Stereo-Review.htm

Cheers!!:beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom