Neighbor stuck on the cloud.......

Champco

We go back and forth between his place and mine having beers, food entertainment. He pulls some good music video out that always go's good with music. It's fun to watch. He's a cloud guy.
Over my place it's all analogue but much better sounding. I can tell he needs to look at something so I hand over the jackets of stuff he is new to but it's still less then watching some gal twitch on TV, or whatever.
I have decided to put in a TV in the audio room for streaming music videos. Looking at 40 inch for cheap and considering Vizio. Mostly what I wish to see in a TV is inputs and outputs. Anything out there I should be looking at??

Seems the inputs and outputs are diminishing with time.

I've had pretty good luck with several Toshiba flatscreens.

Not sure if this helps but in our second system I run the optical audio out of our Samsung TV to the DAC for Blu-Ray/DVD performances and music videos from streaming services.

For watching some geo-locked sites I run a HDMI cable from my laptop into my TV. The TV has an audio optical out, which is connected to my Onkyo 5.1 amp. The TV does a good job of splitting the audio from the HDMI and sending it on via TOSLINK :)

+1 on Toshiba, I bought our upstairs TV - a Toshiba 28" flat screen - based on it having the full compliment of 5.1 channel outputs as well as a handful of coax, optical outs & hdmi inputs. As a bonus it has a decent sounding DAC when used in two channel mode.

Mark Gosdin

Back
Top Bottom