Neil Young streaming service

The main reason I never considered Pono is the shape. I am still shopping for a personal player. Astel and Kern, Onkyo, Sony etc. They need to re-design the Pono.

Steve Jobs would have found that interesting

Interestingly the new biography reveals a rocky relationship between Steve Jobs and Neil Young, stemming from Young’s very public criticism of iTunes; Young labelled the sound quality unbearably “compromised” – to which Job took great umbrage. Young later tried to make amends by offering Steve his entire back catalogue newly remastered on vinyl, as a peace offering of sorts and a reminder of the peerless sound quality of records. In the new book, one of the authors recalls relaying the offer to Jobs, to which the Apple founder replied: “**** Neil Young, and **** his records. You keep them”.

That is unbelievable of Jobs.
I get the vibe that the whole situation is about two guys with huge egos, and huge power within their place in the industry, poking at each other. Sort of like that shine box scene in Goodfellas. Without the carnage, lol.

I enjoy a ton of Young's music, and I truly respect him for trying to get people to embrace high quality music delivery, but I can't get past the feeling that he's trying too hard.
I may be off base here, but it seems like he wants his name attached to it. Sort of like when you pop in a Disney DVD or bluray in the player, and you get told you're watching "DisneyDVD" or "Disneybluray", like they invented it or something.

IMHO ... Pono project should have went Subscription Streaming right out of the gate. But I can understand the desire to "sell" vs "rent" individual albums ... however, we're living in a Rent vs Buy era.

th

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom