New $1200 range stereo power amp choices.

freQ(*)Oddio

I have considered emotiva, parasound, schiit, am i missing a good choice from another brand, i like the parasound 2250v2 275 wpc, bridge mono option , 40khz hi pass filter option. I will be running a set of epi m1000 towers that like power, so eventually could add another bridged to 750.

I have the Parasound you mentioned and am very happy with its performance. It drives any speaker I have, including the notorious amp killer Kappa 9's that I have. I bought it with the same thinking you had, I could always buy another and bridge them if needed, but so far it has been more than sufficient. Closer to 400WPC at the loads the Kappa presents.

If my amp was to explode, my first choice would be to check Odyssey Audio or Audio by Van Alstine Synergy series (no idea which I would choose.)

Personally, I'd skip the Emotiva stuff and go straight to Parasound. The Halo A23 would do nicely. I've owned 4 Parasound amps in the current Classics series they have all performed great with never an issue or hiccup. One of the amps was a 275 v2 that was bridged for a 4ohm center channel, which presents a 2 ohm load to the amp. As advertised, the amp never had an issues with that load and ran cool.

The Parasound products are made off shore, so if that bothers you, I would recommend the Odyssey amps; they are made in the USA.

Another vote for AVA. I've been delighted with mine, which Frank mentioned as a trade in when I called.

Thanks for the suggestions, audio advisor had a sale $999 for the 2250 so i bought it, and when i expand in a few years ill buy another to bridge .

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 62
Congratulations! Parasound makes nice stuff... I owned a few of the "Z" products at one point (zone amps).

Thanks for the suggestions, audio advisor had a sale $999 for the 2250 so i bought it, and when i expand in a few years ill buy another to bridge .
Nice. That amp will serve you well. I virtually never buy anything not made in the US; however, Parasound is a brand I have confidence in. Top quality and sound for the dollar.

Any reason you didn't go with a Halo? I see they have one at the same price point. Despite having less power it shouldn't have any issues with your speakers.

Last edited:
Nice. That amp will serve you well. I virtually never buy anything not made in the US; however, Parasound is a brand I have confidence in. Top quality and sound for the dollar.

Any reason you didn't go with a Halo. I see they have one at the same price point. Despite having less power it shouldn't have any issues with your speakers.
the halo is a step up from the classic series as you know, the large picture is the halo for 1k was a great amp, i dont remember if it was bridgeable, i know halo has great reserve power , high damping factors exc. and the engineering in the halo is top of the line, but big picture was i want 2 monoblocks , and will purchase another in a few years that will eventually run my epi 1000 towers that use so much power to start moving air, and the 750 bridge mono 4 ohms is right where i need to be in 3 years. this is such a huge step up from what i had honestly i dont feel worthy of a halo right now . I listed my entire new system in "members systems", its under "My friends advice on AK and 6k put me in the game" Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom