New and searching for inspiration

janci

Hi all
my name is Jan and I can say that I am completely new in the audio network. I am Belgian but live in the Middle East, more specific in Dubai where the audio scene is not that existing or approachable.
My interest started mainly when seeing some late 70's receivers and fell in love with the looks.
My first step was to get a reasonable turntable for which I went wih the Audio Technica AT-LP120. This suited my needs and it was connected to a simple powered speaker in the living room.
Now we are several months further, settled in a new house and looking to extend the list of equipment.

First thing on the list is a couple of speakers.
I like the vintage list and my eyes fell on the Klipsch Heritage series where "The Sixes" seemed to be a nice addition for the turntable.
Looking further down the road it seemed that the investment in tose speakers could also provide me with a 70's stereo amplifier with suitable speakers.
As here in Dubai things are all shiny and new, the vintage stuff is only accessible via eBay or import. There I found a Sansui 7070 stereo receiver. I checked all others... Marantz, Denon, Scott, Fisher, Pioneer, NAD,... and realised I soon will have to move to get a better hold to all those equipments. :)

Anyway, the Sansui 7070 is still on my list and seems to be a good start.
I do not look for the loudest and biggest, but merely for a good looking working set up that would let me listen to my 60's, early 70's vinyl and even Spotify via a simple aux connection.

All suggestions and ideas are welcome.

I will start digging soon

Last edited:
Klipsch's "heritage" line of speakers are all brand new and look vintage. They're expensive compared to their entry level home theatre type speakers, but are beautiful. I haven't heard them, but if you can only access new stuff, it might be worth seeking them out.
http://www.klipsch.com/heritage-series-speakers
Also - welcome!
I have ordered a pair of Sixes already.
I could not withstand them. They look so good and all review are very positive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom