"NEW" Beyerdynamic cans. What's the Impedence, Kenneth??

PhotonDon

I love my Unclaimed Baggage store. Today I snagged some DT880 Pros for a good price. Cans only, no case or instructions included. I know that they are available in 32, 250, and 600 ohm versions, I just don't know which mine are. Read somewhere that the impedance is molded into the plug, but sadly not these.
Is there a way to discover what I have? Oh, they sound nice.

I think that only the 600 ohm versions are marked in the plastic right where the it meets the gold plug. I also recall that the 'Pros' are 250 ohms, but I'm going from memory. So, even though I'm trying to be helpful, I might be steering you sideways. Anyway, you'd know for sure if they were 600 by plugging them into an iPad or computer. Mine require the volume to be set at 8/10 for decent volume. But I have this Schiit DAC and Valhalla II amp that makes them sound very powerful and extremely trustworthy for mixing and mastering. I also like listening to Joni Mitchell and Alison Kraus--stuff like that--with the 880/600's. Here they are, hanging from my circa 2003 monitor waiting for me to put them to use.IMG_6241.JPG

I believe your right Mello, the Pro's were 250 Ohm. They were a lower cost version of the 880s, usually sold at places like Musicians Friend. And yes, the 880s would have 600 on the plug, just like the 990s.

Back
Top Bottom