New Bob Carver Crimson 275 Stereo Vacuum Tube Amplifier-Taking orders.$2495 Shipped. Made in USA.

Discussion in 'Business and Vendor Classifieds' started by JClarkStereo, Sep 28, 2018.

1. mdewire

mdewire AK Subscriber Subscriber

My amp finally shipped out and should arrive by Thursday the 17th. They shipped it UPS ground. I would have thought they might have expedited the shipping since it took so long but no it is shipping the slowest possible way.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Blue Devil

Blue Devil New Member

The most important thing is that it arrives undamaged. Way too much carelessness among our major carriers nowadays.

3. mdewire

I received it yesterday and connected it to my main system down stairs in place of my McIntosh MC352. I picked 3 LPs to test with.
    John Klemmer Touch - Original MFSL release in 1978 which still plays flawlessly.
    Led Zeppelin I - Atlantic release in late 90s - This is one of the best re-issues of this album I have been told
    Steely Dan Aja - Cisco Release

The John Klemmer album revealed details on the cymbals and percussion not heard before. John's Sax played clean with full authority. Drums and Bass revealed full authority and detail. Best I have ever heard this record.

Led Zeppelin I - Good Times Bad Times blew me away, this amp can play loud and is equally at home with Rock & Roll along with Jazz. Robert Plants voice never sounded better and John Bonham's drums slammed you against the wall. The triplets in the Bass Drum revealed every kick.

Steely Dan Aja - Probably the best I have ever heard this record as well. In the song Aja Wayne Shorter's Sax is in your face and never sounded better to me. Every detail of the mix of this album is revealed.

I do not intend to keep this amp in this particular system as I purchased it for my office system but it is temping to keep it there. It is a great sounding amplifier.

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

mhardy6647 and AlTinkster92 like this.
  4. AlTinkster92

AlTinkster92 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Glad you like it! How does it compare to the Mac amp if I may ask? :)

5. mdewire

The Bob Carver 275 amp is more transparent than the MC352. However with digital sources it reveals the short comings of digital. This amp sounds its best with analog sources at least on my system.

kurtgo, AlTinkster92 and GChief like this.
  6. GChief

GChief Not well known, super member or other silliness Subscriber

Thanks for the review. I will start seriously looking for a new tube amp this summer and these are on my radar. This is good to know stuff since 90% of my listening is vinyl.

:beerchug:

Please register to disable this ad.

7. mdewire

The system I have decided to use it in is pretty much all analog. It sounds really good on the JBLs.

IMG_0539.jpg

GChief likes this.
  8. Blue Devil

Blue Devil New Member

Why do I feel like those speakers are inverted?

9. mdewire

Nope that is the way the 4311s were designed. I tried them out upside down and they did not sound as good to me. I think there were designed to be mounted up high and facing down to the engineer in the control room.