New Browsers And Ad Revenue

buglegirl

I Want To Be The Girl With The Most Cake
Subscriber
Hiya,

I can't post in this thread.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....nd-or-bottom-of-page-causing-problems.758777/

So I will try this because I do think this is an important enough to give my thoughts.

My Try At Answering:::

Luther,

Sorry for the late response. After 10 years with my company, I was laid off in January. Still no job and I'm not on the computer as much anymore.

Besides 3rd party ad blockers and browsers with built in blockers, what do you think about AK promoting https://brave.com/ ? It is a browser that blocks ads and allows you to make a contribution to AK without subscribing. This would help offset the reduced income from blocked ads. Funds are for running the site, they are not for me, as I do not get paid. Just another volunteer, like so many that keep this site going.

Sorry to hear about that. You will land back on your feet and that company is less without you. In other words its their loss as far as I am concerned.

<rant>

Not sure how a different browser will help anything as most of the people who have issues refuse to move on from Crapware like IE 6

Some form of ad reduction needs to be implemented as most people with any sense are blocking it all anyhow.

And that browser just shifts the ads to its money making scheme. In other words browsers HAVE NO BUSINESS serving up ads. Just display the damm web pages and stick with that.

</rant>

Anyhow I feel for sites that rely on Ad revenue because its getting less and less controllable as the Internet as a whole devolves.

Your efforts here are appreciated deeply by yours truly.

Frannie

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with IE6... Your listening to mainstream BS about it and that has clouded your mind!!

What browsers are people using here that are having problems??

I am very grateful to have IE6 (MyIE2) .. I know I am not bieng spied on...... (@ least by my software)

Hello,

Nothing wrong with IE6... Your listening to mainstream BS about it and that has clouded your mind!!

What browsers are people using here that are having problems??

I am very grateful to have IE6 (MyIE2) .. I know I am not bieng spied on...... (@ least by my software)

Glad to know my 40 years of IT experience is BS. My specialty is Internet Security at the moment. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways.

Sigh,

Frannie

Hiya,

One other thing IE 6 adherents

TLS V1.0 support will be going the way of the Dodo soon. And with that you IE 6 folks will be silenced.

Frannie

Only on sites that drink the koolaid and use HTTPS for no reason!!

browsers HAVE NO BUSINESS serving up ads.

No they dont,Im grateful IE6 doesnt do this Frannie!! (Or MyIE2 (Which I use 99% of the time (IE wrapper)))

Last edited:
Only on sites that drink the koolaid and use HTTPS for no reason!!

No they dont,Im glad IE6 doesnt do this Frannie!! (Or MyIE2)
Its not Koolaid its a reality forced on us Admins.

SSL everywhere is coming. TLS V1.0 is being phased out and that will kill IE6 for a large portion of the Internet.

If you would just understand that instead of calling our issues "BS" we would get somewhere.

Frannie

Im just sick of it all!!!

NOTHING IS GOING ON...... (That wasnt ever going on)

This is all BS by the elite to get more control!!!! -- To try and force older browsers,etc THEY CANT SPY WITH offline!! -- And ppl are blindly believing this BS and falling right into thier hands......

This is all BS by the elite to get more control!!!! -- To try and force older browsers,etc THEY CANT SPY WITH offline!! -- And ppl are blindly believing this BS and falling right into thier hands......
Whoa now now.

You are on the Internet which if you step back from the keyboard and think is this actual "Device" designed to pull us all together and spy on us.

Now that "Off the Grid" Cabin up in the woods might be looking really good now.

Frannie

I use Firefox - and I use an AdBlocker... but not on AK or sites that are volunteer run. It can be configured to restrict data to a degree.

In terms of spying, etc. There are several network monitor programs that you can use and configure to restrict what your computer communicates and with whom it does it. I use LITTLE SNITCH. A pain to configure initially, but highly effective and it applies to ALL the programs on your machine, not just browsers and email. You'd be surprised by how many apps phone home, and elsewhere while you're using them.

Hiya,

I use Firefox - and I use an AdBlocker... but not on AK or sites that are volunteer run. It can be configured to restrict data to a degree.

In terms of spying, etc. There are several network monitor programs that you can use and configure to restrict what your computer communicates and with whom it does it. I use LITTLE SNITCH. A pain to configure initially, but highly effective and it applies to ALL the programs on your machine, not just browsers and email. You'd be surprised by how many apps phone home, and elsewhere while you're using them.

Sad fact is that anyone using XP/IE 6 would be blistfully un-aware how many programs and sites phone home these days.

Mind you modern OS's do a lot of this crap as well and most every phone is a sewer rat running back to the mothership.

But at least these days there are programs to stop this. But not for people living in 1980

Frannie

They already know EVERYTHING YOU DO and EVERY LINK YOU CLICK -
its the basic nature of ALL browsers and they work by using handshakes.
Not knowing that fact does not make you smarter or safer.

The ONLY way to avoid it is to GET OFF THE INTERNET! STOP SURFING!

Back
Top Bottom