New chicago member..

Brother Pat

Found this forum while looking for some gear on the web..

Just recently got into audio equipment as I was looking for a decent setup for a wide range of music but especially classical as I have played the violin since I was 4.

Bought a set of used B&W 804s and eventually a matching center to join my Arcam AVR400 receiver. Have really loved the imaging of this setup, and have mostly used either the Wadia 171 itransport or an oppo BD-95 as a source.

Recently purchased a Sansui tu-717 tuner on ebay as I'm dealing with horrible hdradio self-noise from our only classical station in Chicago, WFMT on the ARCAM. The internet stream doesn't sound good either; I'm hoping this Sansui has the right post-detection filter to make me happy..

Hoping to get into a decent turntable soon, I inherited an enormous collection of 1960s and 1970s classical LPs from a friend's father.

Also received a B&W A7 as a gift for Christmas.. not awesome, but pretty good. The occasional drop on airplay is frustrating, hopefully they fix that with some updates such that the music can play direct from source to the device and skip the wifi router..

Thanks for listening!
Patrick

Welcome Patrick! As a fellow Chicagoland resident and fellow Sansui tuner owner (TU-517), I'd say you made a wise choice with the TU-717. WFMT can be a challenge to get good reception on.

Hey Pat I had a 717 and sold it to help pay for my HT gear about 10 yrs. ago and still regretting it. FMT comes in clear as a bell on all my receivers and the 717 should be no exception,it's a great tuner.Welcome to AK!!!

Found this forum while looking for some gear on the web..

Just recently got into audio equipment as I was looking for a decent setup for a wide range of music but especially classical as I have played the violin since I was 4.

Bought a set of used B&W 804s and eventually a matching center to join my Arcam AVR400 receiver. Have really loved the imaging of this setup, and have mostly used either the Wadia 171 itransport or an oppo BD-95 as a source.

Recently purchased a Sansui tu-717 tuner on ebay as I'm dealing with horrible hdradio self-noise from our only classical station in Chicago, WFMT on the ARCAM. The internet stream doesn't sound good either; I'm hoping this Sansui has the right post-detection filter to make me happy..

Hoping to get into a decent turntable soon, I inherited an enormous collection of 1960s and 1970s classical LPs from a friend's father.

Also received a B&W A7 as a gift for Christmas.. not awesome, but pretty good. The occasional drop on airplay is frustrating, hopefully they fix that with some updates such that the music can play direct from source to the device and skip the wifi router..

Thanks for listening!
Patrick

Hey Patrick, I'm new as well,and just recently made a purchase of a turntable. If I could make a recommendation it would be a Pro-ject Essential ,I bought mine for $299.00, a very well spent 300.00,I must say. Nice to meet you Sir.

Denny

Back
Top Bottom