New England OktoberFrankenFest October 20th in Clinton MA

after a a little nudge from Bostown today and the okay from my wife I think I'll be attending.

after a a little nudge from Bostown today and the okay from my wife I think I'll be attending.

Good to hear... Its always a good time. If you're bring snacks , food or beverages, not a bad idea to list that in the THIS thread to add some variety to the selection of food beer wine etc.

If you are offering gear. Subscribers ( which you are encouraged to become) BARTERTOWN ( the private area for barter, sell, and trading of gear) is the spot to list what you have for sale trade etc.

So to keep with that theme.... I'll be bring Coronas to start.. More to follow.

EDITED: oops ... sale item added to the Barter town post..

Last edited:
Hey Bostown. I think you have your threads reversed. THIS one is where you tell us that you will be cooking a fine late afternoon meal for all of us in Clinton. The Barter Town thread is where you tell us what wonderful and wicked cheap audio gear you'll be bringing for our voracious consumption. Right? Or did I get them backwards? If so, I'll do the dishes after the meal you'll STILL provide. :D

Last edited:
Hey Bostown. I think you have your threads reversed.

Yep, thanks. I just caught that. I was using an app on my ipad and thought the post I was replying to was in barter town. - All fixed up. Unfortunately for what I'm bringing for snacks there will be no dishes, just recycling bin filler and a bottle opener. :yes:

I like the "cartridge clinic" idea and would like to see the sub demo expanded to include using passive subs with external xo's. I can supply the sub/amp and xo if someone can do the demo. ED...I'll bring more of those cables.

I'm optimistic that we'll have a TT setup clinic.
I'll know better as the date approaches if one of the 2 people I've asked to do this will be able to participate.
Hopefully some folks can bring TT's for demo purposes.

I'm planning on bringing some multimeters for a demo on how all those different functions work.

I'd also like to bring some solder stations and junque circuit boards so people can practice removing capacitors and then installing new ones for recapping.

2-1/2 weeks to go - tell your friends and neighbors; yak it up!

Very cool! Thank you w1jim for the heads up. I hope I'm around, if so I'll definitely come by.

If anyone of the 'regulars' notice posts from New Englanders please send them a heads up!

Guess I musta missed this... got a PM this week saying this event was coming. I know its a heck of a commute from the booming metropolis of Fitchburg- but I WANNA go!!! Never been to one yet.

I am in the market for a Table- sorta an upgrade from my Pioneer PL-630. Not sure if I should wait for this or have one beforehand for the cartridge demo??? Are there usually many for sale at the get-togethers?

Been thinking of SL-1210, or a Rega, or a Music Hall.

Thx
Chris

I am in the market for a Table...
Thx
Chris
You never know what will show up but in my experience people list the better (more expensive) gear on Barter Town (visible to subscribers only) to see if there is interest.
They rarely bring expensive items on speculation.
Hope you can make the (15 minute) trip!

Can't wait for Oct. 20th! This will be my first AK event.

Will there be any Thorens experts in attendance? I have a not so exotic Thorens TD-115 with an occasional motor squeal that sounds like it's coming from the top of the motor.

Thanks,
Ben

Back
Top Bottom