New England OktoberFrankenFest October 20th in Clinton MA

Congratulations Frank!

What amazing news. Sorry I wont be there this time to congratulate you in person.

Hope everyone has a blast!

Stephanie

It was another nice gathering today. Thanks to Don for his subwoofer session and handouts. I thought it was at 3:00 and missed it. Doh!

I think the nicest system there was Prelius' very stylish little tube amp driving Frank's big Altecs. The combination was wonderful.

Many thanks to our organizers and hosts. --Dan

Last edited:
OK All-
I guess I got my cherry busted today!!! Attended my first AK fest, and spent my first bit o cash with AK'ers!!!

First off- Thanks to Frank and Jim and (Peter???) for hosting this.
Second- Thanks to those for the food brought!!! I confess I brought nothing, I wasn't sure if this would be a quick in and quick out for me- never been.

Third- great to meet some of the folks- I remember AdamAnt, Mowglie, Soundweasel, Todd, and Sancho, and the guy from western Mass- Darren(Darren or Darrel???) There were a couple others I met- I am sorry- the names must have hit the brain cells I killed years earlier!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the sound system playing in the "food court"!!! The combo of the Altecs and the that little Tube Amp just made my day!!!

Grabbed some vinyl from Mowglie, and bought some ADS L780's from Sancho. I talked with Mrs Sancho about music and just couldn't believe she loved listening to music and probably more so than Sancho!!! My wife HATES it when I play music.

Thanks to all, and will attend(and bring food) for the next one. Hopefully my wallet will be fatter!!!!

Chris

Another winner! Warm weather, great food, cool gear, and ANOTHER trunk full of funky crap came home with me. How the hell could Deli talk me into buying a minidisc player? Thanks to Frank for allowing us to roam freely...and to Jim for getting the word out! What a great group of people...AND WHO MADE THAT KICK-ASS LASAGNA?

Another great event. Thanks again Grandpa :thmbsp: (and Jim and Peter and everyone else)
Also, let me just say for those of us lucky enough to bring home a copy of the test CD that AudioDon provided with his sub-woofer/speaker placement seminar... WOW!!!! What a gem!!! :music:

Last edited:
Another winner! Warm weather, great food, cool gear, and ANOTHER trunk full of funky crap came home with me. How the hell could Deli talk me into buying a minidisc player? Thanks to Frank for allowing us to roam freely...and to Jim for getting the word out! What a great group of people...AND WHO MADE THAT KICK-ASS LASAGNA?

did the fiber from that lasagna kick in yet?

Great time today, thank you very much to the hosts.

Met some really cool people and had some great conversations. I look forward to the next one.

...Also, let me just say for those of us lucky enough to bring home a copy of the test CD that AudioDon provided with his sub-woofer/speaker placement seminar... WOW!!!! What a gem!!!
Don, you're a genius! :music:
I concur. I've already incorporated Don's advice with a pair of Boston Acoustics A100s that I purchased there, today. The sub is a CSW 10" Basscube.

Thanks to everyone who made the Fest happen.

Terrific get-together, as always! Thanks as always to Frank for putting up with us, and congrats on the new grandchild! Thanks to everyone who made it, and hope some of you enjoyed the little system I had set up in the room off the back of the laser shop. Can't wait for the next one! :banana:
-Adam

Big thanks to Frank, Jim, and Peter as usual for hosting this blowout. I was too late to this thread to catch the big news this morning, otherwise I would have given Frank a cigar or slapped him on the back or something. Congrats!

Had a great time, heard some great gear and some great music, ate some great food, and met/met again some very questionable characters. I'll post photos over in the proper thread so I'll wrap this up with a few random thoughts.

That Pioneer Elite CD player in the sub demo room was absurd, and I wish I knew more about it. Looked like something made for the space program inside.

Speaking of the sub demo (which I caught too late) maybe Don can tell me what that girl hiphop track was he played that chased everyone out of the room.

Maker of the Lasagne, come forward. That stuff was pure ground beef and just about perfect. Asian noodles were also great and I wish I knew whom to thank.

One AK member (I can't remember names even if I write them down) managed to bring the only significant other on Earth who not only enjoyed the AK fest but also said she looked forward to seeing new audio gear in the house. No minor feat.

I think the percentage of AK members I originally met on Craigslist (not the "Casual Encounters" section) is remarkably high. Guess that's what happens when you empty out a house full of gear.

Bostown has the craziest solid state gear for sale. And some nice headphones.

My Hickock 6000A is my next rehab project.

Until next time!

I admit it...I did it..
Had a great time and came home with a new baby too!
I picked up that sweet sx-1250 from Sancho (thanks!)
can't wait for the next one!
Ed

Boy I am glad I finally made it!!! My wife enjoey di (mrs Sancho). It was great!
Thaks and congrats to Frank!!! Also, I would like to extend a big tank you for all who made this happen, who took the extra effort to demo systems and teach us - you guys are awesome!!!
Thanks for the food for all who spedn time and effort to prepare it - MUCH appreciated!

We will be back! The Billie Holiday record I bougth helped keeping my wife happy not to mention the nice time she had as many of you guys talked to her and made her welcome - THANKS!!!

I wish to add my thanks to all who made this events possible, particularly Frank. They just get better and better. And the toys!!!! Already looking forward to the next...

Another great day...it was terrific to see some new people in attendance, I always the like the opportunity to meet the person behind the Avatar.

Thanks to all that put the time in to setting up a rig, doing a shootout or demo and prepping some good eats.

For my part, my was happy to do plenty of enabling (isn't that what friends are for?) so I'm hoping everyone I convinced to buy a piece of gear is now enjoying it thoroughly.

My final thanks goes to Jim and Frank (and Peter too): guys, this event wouldn't be nearly as successful without your effort and hospitality and it's appreciated!

I'll post pictures in the other thread shortly.

Looking forward to the next one...

Daren

I had a great time and almost accomplished my goal of not working too hard.
This time I had some time for actual conversations.
Every event draws more interesting people.
Great fun!
Thanks.

On top of all I learned not to trust expensive cables (got as a gift from a friend).

My Sansui AU-517 works perfectly the IC was not good.
At any rate thanks all for the great day!

Thanks!

By now we should all have emptied the gear from the backs of our cars and hopefully had a chance to play with our new toys.

I'd like to thank everyone for their continued enthusiasm that makes these events so much fun for everybody.
The simple fact that everyone chips in and helps is what makes them so effortless to put on.

I did a quick count of people at one point and determined that we had (at least) 50 people in attendance. I suspect that outside of the annual national AK fest this has to be the largest event of it's kind in our audio enthusiast community.
The fun shows - that in part explains why we continue to get folks who drive 4-5 hours to get to little Clinton MA.

Don did a great job of putting on his powered subwoofer session, I think that those who attended did find it useful and enjoyable. The handouts and CDs he burned for everyone was a terrific touch.

The turntable roundtable (is that redundant?) never did materialize. I think that we all were having so much fun and get involved in so many side discussions and informal listening sessions that keeping these affairs free form is probably the best way to do it.

As always, the generosity of Frank and Peter as well as the unsung tolerance of their property management is what makes it possible for us to put these on with no out of pocket expense.

Next GTG is scheduled for Saturday February 23rd 2013.

Now time to get back to my sweet ex-delihaus Sony PS-X70 turntable!

Back
Top Bottom