New England SummerSweatFest August 18th in Clinton MA!

Sweet! I should be able to make it, barring any unforeseen circumstances. I'll definitely have to bring the Dynacos along once again; hopefully, the speakers won't have issues with them this time... :worried:
-Adam

Let's continue the tradition of the rear conference room being the toob zone.

One of these days I'm going to bring my Polks to one of these things. But not this time. My friends have gotten smarter.

I'm in. Would it be appropriate to start a Barter Town thread of things we plan to bring for selling our swapping purposes? I don't want to violate some unspoken protocol.:scratch2:

I think I can be there. I might bring my Fisher KX-100 amp (kit version of the X-100-B) and a pair of ADS L880s for your listening pleasure. I'll try to get the Fisher updated by then but my total kitchen renovation is taking top priority right now. --Dan

Let's continue the tradition of the rear conference room being the toob zone.

With all that brick and glass I'd say it's a necessity as well as a tradition ! It's not tube but I can bring my baby Mac 754 again (fresh from a recap and once over by Terry D). I'd like to hear it with those electrostatic B&W's again that's for sure :D.

Not sure if I can make it but I'm hoping everything lines up...

jblnut

This is great news!!!
Always love the chance to meet up with fellow audio nuts like myself.
The people at these get togethers are really what makes it such a fine experience and then theres always the GREAT gear, hey does anyone know if those vintage JBL'S that were in the back room(at the last meet) have been repaired and if they will make an appearance? i have a rather understated but reasonably powerful amp i'd like to hear them with, Motorstereo, i think you know which amp im talking about :D.

I'm chillin my milk now hoping for some of those awesome cookies to show up,you know who you are,LOL.

For this event I want to set up a system with my Sony ES receiver (w/remote), a turntable and a CD player. Then play the same title LP and CD synchronized so we can compare one to the other.
Utilizing my Polk Monitor 7 speakers of course - though we could use headphones as well for more critical listening.

Can't make this one, I'll be in Texas :tears:

The worst part is I'll be in Texas house shopping :sigh:

And thanks but no thanks on the bikini pictures :nono:

Hi all,
Back from a (pretty much) internet-free two week vacation.

I'd love to attend and the date has already been mentioned to the powers-that-be.
I can bring my new old Fisher SA-300 amp and a couple of preamps for a preamp smackdown. I got it from JohnVF in a trade. Hopefully it can spend a half day on the bench before then for a few updates.
I will be sampling a Wyred-4-Sound STP-SE against a Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 with Siemens 6922 tubes in it. So far the race seems fairly well matched.
I'll also bring my Spendor SP1/2s and a subwoofer.
The SP1/2s will be wrapped in some sound dampening materials.

Let's try and target the preamp smackdown challenge for 2:00 PM. I'll probably use only a digital source because I can do it without any cable switching.

Last edited:
Where the typical summer GTG has had a paltry turnout this one is ramping up to be a big one!

Hell, yeah! I will be there...and hopefully my cookie-baking, giant-speaker-loving friend "John-in-Ma" will be coming along. A summer day where I can not only hang with the AK crowd AND avoid yardwork? Bliss....

Great, glad you could get the time off - do you mind if we have you push the beverage cart?

Back
Top Bottom