New England SummerSweatFest August 18th in Clinton MA!

I'm from Bangkok. However, in late Aug i'll be studying in Berklee College of Music, Boston. I love listening to music, back home i have collection of some vintage gears, both tube and solid state. Hopefully when i live in apartment near Mission Hill i will have some good chances of garbing good vintage gears! But i don't know any source except eBay... So if there's gathering events or something, please be kind and invite me! :D I'll be learning from everyone of you here.

Thank you!

Here is a picture of some of the gears i have. Check my profile for more pictures!

b8aec988ad9211e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

Hey Voppa...I don't think AudioKarma members are actually "invited" to events. Just keep your eyes on the site, and you will see when/where events happen. Anyway, hope you can make it to the Boston meet (usually in Clinton) someday. Great people, great food, great way to waste time!

I'm from Bangkok. However, in late Aug i'll be studying in Berklee College of Music, Boston. I love listening to music, back home i have collection of some vintage gears, both tube and solid state. Hopefully when i live in apartment near Mission Hill i will have some good chances of garbing good vintage gears! But i don't know any source except eBay... So if there's gathering events or something, please be kind and invite me! :D I'll be learning from everyone of you here.

Thank you!

Here is a picture of some of the gears i have. Check my profile for more pictures!

b8aec988ad9211e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

Consider yourself invited. I believe anyone with an interest in audio is invited.:thmbsp:

That is what I meant: An open invitation always exists to those who are pure of heart....and know how to accumulate cool gear!

That is what I meant: An open invitation always exists to those who are pure of heart....and know how to accumulate cool gear!

Only the pure in heart can make a good soup. - Ludwig Van Beethoven

I usually make Progresso ~ tomato rigatoni, which is good, but I'm kind of a scoundrel when I want to be.
And my (audio) gear kind of sucks compared to many posters in the forums.

I don't know if most people knew that. Am I still invited? ;)

Having equipment that kinda sucks means that you are ready for some serious upgrade-itis! What better place than an AK meet to buy some new stuff, listen to some very serious opinions about that stuff, and decide if those opinions are total BS or not!!! This crowd really does know what they are talking about, so I tend to quietly sip a beer and listen. You will have a groovy time...

Mowgli-
Besides, you can always be the bad example we can learn from.
Hey, you do have that sweet Marantz so there's some hope for you.

Well, long story short, my drivers license is suspended starting 8/4. Anyone heading to the fest willing to pick me up in Boston?

Does anyone have a tube tester that can test a RCA Radiotron 45 tube? Found a pair and would like to test them.

Just got word from the repair shop that my Mcintosh MC30 are done. They will probably come with me for show and tell.:banana::banana:

Planning on dragging along one if my rca 9359's...p/p/p 809.....125 wpc ......if i had 2 more 2a3's and 2 809's i could do stereo
:D

Forgive me for being green but,I have questions since I've never been and don't know what the usual is:

Is this like a flea market where I buy a space and park my stuff for folks to browse and buy? Is there power there? What's the setup like?
What is Franks place?
Is this something for just AK folks or, are there a bunch of other folks there as well?
It looks like I have to post the things I bring and the prices on Barter Town? Is that locked in or, can that change?

Sorry for being ignorant.

Forgive me for being green but,I have questions since I've never been and don't know what the usual is:

Is this like a flea market where I buy a space and park my stuff for folks to browse and buy? Is there power there? What's the setup like?
What is Franks place?
Is this something for just AK folks or, are there a bunch of other folks there as well?
It looks like I have to post the things I bring and the prices on Barter Town? Is that locked in or, can that change?

Sorry for being ignorant.
I was at the last event. It was in two men's shop/offices in an old Clinton factory building.

There is electricity but best to bring a long extension cord.

There was an area near the entrance where guys put their stuff to sell or give away. You can just put a post-it on it saying what price and your name. No need to post first but that may focus some members as to what might be there.

People brought food and beverages so it was a potluck for the victuals.

Folks brought some of their gear to show off or compare. It was a little cacophonous so perhaps not the ideal situation for critical listening but there are some rooms with doors.

Don't bring anything that would break your heart if it got broken or lost in the shuffle.

It was a great party with like-minded and interesting AKers.

In addition, while we tend to congregate on AK it is by no means limited to just people here.
We often get other audio enthusiasts who somehow hear of this and come down to check it out.
You can bring any gear that you'd like to sell, trade or give away but make sure you don't leave anything there to be disposed of.
There are no fees involved but we're all expected to lend a hand by bringing some snacks (whatever you think is appropriate) helping to set up and cleaning up after ourselves.
Also, keep in mind that by the time one becomes an obsessive compulsive audio freak they're not looking for crappy stuff - we've all got stuff like that stacked in the garage - if you bring something to sell it's more likely to move if it's something special or unique in some way.

And welcome!

Back
Top Bottom