New England SummerSweatFest August 18th in Clinton MA!

That would be great Al, I'll have to call Nancy and see if I can get her to load up the ADS's for auditions.

Red Stripe - like :)

fcc

OK, Just like Al to one up me. On the other hand SummerSweatfest is just 15 hours away. Eat your heart out non attenders. :banana::banana::banana:

Corona long necks are coming along for the ride. Are we all set on snacks etc?

If most people bring something we should be good on the chow.
Worst case we pass the hat and run out for something. No one has gone hungry yet!

Car is all packed, see youse guys tomorrow.

You guys get levigated, tubular meat...and I'm stuck in a monsoon (seriously!) in Tampa? Noooooooo! Lucky dogs...photos ASAP, PLEASE!!!

Folks- looks like I cannot make it today- have a great time!

If anyone wants any of the gear we discussed, I'm not far from Boston and glad to have you over, or if you are "T" accessible, we can meet up in the city.

Best,

Paul

As for the levigated tubular meat- if anyone wants some beer bratwurst, stop by before I stick them in the freezer. I got two dozen of them!

Sorry,that I can't make it today,folks.I had to drive a couple of youngsters to New Jersey last night for a concert.Didn't get home til 3am.Gonna sit this one out.I'll be there in spirit.Have fun!!!!!!!

I'll be swingin' past the dump one last time in a few minutes (by 1:30) and then rollin' down 110 to Clinton to stop by and say hello (and pick up a tt for Redboy from Todd if he's there and I can remember what he looks like!).

See youse mugs shortly...

Great Day indeed. Nice to catch up with my AK friends, meet new ones, discover new music, hear some great setups and enjoy some terrific food. :drool:

Thanks Jim for the LP vs. CD Blue Train shoot out: what an interesting experiment.

Special thanks to Frank and the whole Clinton gang for the hospitality!

-Daren

Thanks to everyone for showing up - we've tried it without you and honestly - it's a lonely affair with to many burgers to work our way through.
I figure we had 30 folks which is rather impressive for a summer event.

Current plans are to have our Fall get together on Saturday October 20th. That gives enough of a pre Halloween buffer to accommodate everyone's family plans.

I've posted some images here:
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/w1jim/
Hopefully that site works - it's a new account.

JimB

Nice, relaxed vibe today - came with nothing, left with three pieces (one's for someone else here on AK) :p

Well...

four pieces, if you count the rather beautiful but clearly labeled "not working" Onkyo cassette deck I found on the scrap metal pile at the town dump en route to Frank's...

Great to see everyone and always a pleasure to chat with Frank - a remarkable and charming fellow (is it OK for a guy to say that about another guy?). Wish ya wasted more time like (ahem) some of us postin' here at AK, sir!

here's yet another push to get all of the NEW England AKer's to join the NE AKer Social group : The link to the Group here on AK is here:

New England AK members Group

The idea is to have a home base for folks from the Area to connect and instead of forming a separate forum or group page on an external site ( google groups , etc). use the GROUP feature here on AK.

here's an alternate method of finding the group ( which unfortunately was spelled incorrectly whenever it was first created).

Click on USER CP on the left side of the title bar
Under "control panel" scroll down to Networking
Click on "Social Groups"
In the search bar on the right Type : Engand ( yep, you need to spell it wrong , with NO "L")
Select "New Engand AKer's" ( Yep , I know it's all kinds of jacked up with respects to spelling and grammar but that's how I found it). and Join the Group.

More participation means that it will become and hopefully remain active. - It's not a perfect solution , but a nice way to start to build a local AKer Network .

Once you JOIN you should be able to quickly access the group from the "QUICK LINKS drop down ( under networking you'll see Social Groups) if for some reason that fails, USER CP method as outlined above will still work.

The Groups feature has some limitations but again the idea is to bring all the local New England Area AK members together in a single space to make it easier to communicate and organize social events. The Fests at Franks place or any others that may be happening in the area.
Lurking isn't enough, it has to be an active area. - Currently there are 17 people registered. but there are plenty more folks from the New England area on this site. so spreading the word to other New England AK members is important as well.

Cheers
Jamal

Last edited:
I believe I joined that group years ago, though I don't check it often.

Anyway, what a great meet! I had lots of fun, as always. Thanks to everyone who showed up, or tried to show up. As always, kudos to Frank for holding the get-together, and putting up with us. :tresbon:

I ended up picking up the Stax SR-40/SRD-4 set seen in this photo. Not electrostatic, but they should be an interesting listen. :music:
-Adam

Sorry I missed it but i had an excellent excuse...

Sorry I had to miss this, the car was half-packed and last minute assignments came in. The other photog just went on vaca, so maybe next time I can attend.
AAARRRRGGGHHH
I won't hijack the thread, but you guys might enjoy an image of the high point of the day, my consolation, covering The Third Annual Montclair Jazz Festival.
I can't show the assignment pix, so this an iphone snap of one set, Joe Lovano, Christian McBride and Billy Drummond. Great music, and the event gets better each year.

Attachments

• IMG_1258.jpg
    IMG_1258.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 43
Great photos of what looks like a great day! Dang! Oh well, I'm already getting psyched for the next one....

Back
Top Bottom