New England Winter Frankenfest February 23rd Clinton MA

Thanks $1M Frank :)

jerry_garcia_million_dollars-800x335.jpg

It will certainly be great to see you folks!
From the looks of things we have some interesting workshop stuff coming up, which will be cool.

We will no longer have the two front rooms available (boo) but Peter and I will work to make room available in his brick marking area. Hopefully I can also make progress getting the shop re-arranged to make it more fest friendly.

Some changes in parking as well: We'll have the lot by the loading dock of course, but instead of using the lot across the street, the lot behind the building will be available (Parker Street), with access to the building through a door in the alleyway. I'll draw a sketch and post it up here in the near future.

Cheers, Frank C.

Frank, are the 2 front rooms the carpeted one and the larger empty room with the built in counter? With all the planned programs some detailed planning might need to be done this time.

Frank, are the 2 front rooms the carpeted one and the larger empty room with the built in counter? With all the planned programs some detailed planning might need to be done this time.
Todd, yes - those are the 2 we won't have available this time around.
There is a back room where Peter has his bricks and production lasers that has potential.

Hi. I have some Pass DIY stuff, F5 amp, Pearl 2 phono stage, Zaph Audio ZA5.2. I will be working at our Data center in Marlboro that day in the AM - close by:) Like to check out others preamps and DACs.

Yes, those are the ones. Peter's brick space is roughly the size of the front room. There is space available on other floors; an open area on the second (elevator access), and the 3rd (shanks mare).

Last edited:
I have quite a few DACs; CAL Audio Alpha, Sigma and Delta, AMB LAbs y2, ODAC and grubDAC. I'll bring em all if you want to hear them. Headphone amps too.

Still could use some help moving some speaker cabinets from the NY/southern CT area to the meetup!!??

Anyone??

I would love to hear any headphone amp! I don't think I have ever listened to 'phones attached to an amp, besides my Stax (thank you, Delihaus!).

One thing to consider:
Peter's brick room is a fine room for using for listening purposes. It has a door and can be isolated. It does also, however, have the problem of being a very live room.
If you choose to use it, bring some blankets and tape to hang them or your ears will ring big time. It's a difficult room to tame. I have successfully used about four packing blankets hung with packing tape to tame that room.

Alrighty then. For headlamps I have a Bottlehead "Crack" OTL, an O2, CK2III, Mini^3, and a few more.
I've been stirring things up over at diyAudio and have a few more folks coming with some nice gear. Could have an F5, F6, a SIT-2... Wow I feel like a little kid!
The only thing in question is a nice pair of efficient speakers...

One thing to consider:
Peter's brick room is a fine room for using for listening purposes. It has a door and can be isolated. It does also, however, have the problem of being a very live room.
If you choose to use it, bring some blankets and tape to hang them or your ears will ring big time. It's a difficult room to tame. I have successfully used about four packing blankets hung with packing tape to tame that room.

I have some Auralex Sonoflat acoustic foam squares that I will bring along. Hopefully they will help.

Last edited:
Besides the woofer re-foam tutorial, how about we have a woofer re-foam pow-wow? I have a bunch of drivers to repair and it's much more fun to do it with others than solo.

Besides the woofer re-foam tutorial, how about we have a woofer re-foam pow-wow? I have a bunch of drivers to repair and it's much more fun to do it with others than solo.

i'll hopefully have all mine done, but happy to help out. i have a few copes of the 30Hz signal for lining up the voice coils.

Back
Top Bottom