New from New York

I'll poke around and see if there's a place to post a meetup thread. Otherwise I'll post back here.

So glad you posted your introduction right before I was about to (post mine)!
Friedman kismet, to be sure. Weekends are better for me, of course. I have been looking for a reason to spend more money on records... ;)

Hi Doc I live on the LES .There is another Academy on 12th street between 1st and Ave A
and another used record store an 6th street between 1st and A as well .
Welcome to Audio karma

Maybe this will bring you out of the woodwork!

My bank has a branch right around the corner. There's no saving me.

I'll poke around and see if there's a place to post a meetup thread. Otherwise I'll post back here.

So glad you posted your introduction right before I was about to (post mine)!

There is in fact an events and happenings forum.
There also 2 tentative NYC events.
The New York audio show. And a NYC meet and crawl. Things have been hectic and honestly I lost track. You should look into it.

I like the meet-and-crawl (not this weekend, though: deadlines and grading). But I'd also like to see if anyone is ever just keen to get coffee and hang, and talk audio and music casually.

I certainly am.

I won't start any kind of thread. I'm already subscribed to this one so I'll just keep an eye out if you post for a coffee meet or Academy run.

Some of us are attending the NY Audio show next Saturday 9/5. Doors open @ 10am, we're meeting at the front door at the Park Lane Hotel on 59th ST. where it's being held.
Maybe you can make it.
That could be fun. I'll have to see, though, since I had planned to spend some time poring through the CRI Records archive at the NYPL for the Performing Arts (NYPLPA or, as I like to imagine, the Nipplepah) for a research project. If nothing else, let's maybe plan to meet up afterward, since the NYPL is at Lincoln Center.

That could be fun. I'll have to see, though, since I had planned to spend some time poring through the CRI Records archive at the NYPL for the Performing Arts (NYPLPA or, as I like to imagine, the Nipplepah) for a research project. If nothing else, let's maybe plan to meet up afterward, since the NYPL is at Lincoln Center.
You may want to reply in the NY Audio thread in Events & Happenings forum.
Hope you can possibly make it.

Back
Top Bottom