New Girl here

mtebob

Tube Lady
Hi all. :)Been visiting this place for awhile. Decided it's time to become a member. About 2 years ago, I aquired a dusty and heavy stereo and preamp. It was a Sargent Rayment. It was in outstanding condition but needed one tube. Can't remember which, but anyways, found a yard sale in Huntington Beach and ended up buying his entire yard sale. It took 3 full truck loads to get it back home. Over 5000 tubes in milk crates. No boxes. Some had been wiped clean of their identification. Needless to say, the tube I needed was included. So, 2 years later, I've sold all the tubes. I was at the P.O. almost everyday shipping tubes all over the world. The people working there called me Tube Lady. Hahhaa. Not that I'm a pro at tubes, just the opposite really. Got alot to learn. Hopefully, I'll get a bit of help from some of you. There appears to be some pretty knowledgeable people here.
Now, I'm back with more tubes that a friend of mine needs to unload. So... I'll be getting my B & K tube tester down again from the top shelf. I now realize that I miss my tubes.

How did the SR sound? Whats the model number? I have only seen them in pictures.
Sounded unbelievable! And this was with these crappy little PC speakers I had. Ohh the quality, the richness.. yep.. sounded awesome. I had the SR8000 and SR5100. The 5100 took four EL34's! Wow! Wish I kept them. Someday...
As for H.B..
Grew up there. Went to junior high and high school there. H.B.H.S. Mom still lives there. I live in Orange now. The Antique Town.
I still have pictures of the SR. Wanna see them?
Sargentrayment.jpg

Rec_open.jpg

both.jpg

:thmbsp:

Welcome to AK! Do I understand that you sold the SR gear? I'd be missing them, too. It seems you have a knack for finding tubes, so hopefully there's some new tube gear in your future. It is something of an addiction, you know.

Welcome to AK. I hope you find the knowledge you seek.

Wow! I've never heard of Sargent Rayment before reading this thread. I feel like a true "tube newbie".

Back
Top Bottom