New Guy From NE Ohio

RumpyLover

There is no replacement for displacement.
Hello! I’m John from NE Ohio and have been enjoying trolling around the AK fourum my couple weeks as a member. I enjoy the welcoming and helpful nature of the group. Age 59 now, I remember all to well staring in amazement at my dad’s Magnavox Astro-Sonic console in the mid '60's as it spun records. These pics are the exact same model but, unfortunately dad's unit is long gone.... great memories. He came home one day to me having taken the back off so I could see what made it tick! Vinyl still amazes me... all that wonderful sound from that tiny diamond in that tiny groove. I just wish I understood more of the technical aspects of how this stuff works... especially the electronic aspects of the gear. I hope you’ll excuse what will likely be juvenile questions from me along the way. System pics coming soon in the members systems forum.
Best to you all!

yGixxrG.jpg

yrg2PlG.jpg

Welcome from Marlboro twp, on the stark-portage co.line! Lots to learn here, this site's very addicting. :bigok:

Hello from Richland county.

I had one of those for short time with a Reel to Reel deck on the opposite side of the turntable.
It ended up getting sold because it was huge, and didn't really have room for it.

Hello from Richland county.

I had one of those for short time with a Reel to Reel deck on the opposite side of the turntable.
It ended up getting sold because it was huge, and didn't really have room for it.
I was remenicing on EBay today and found a 1969 Astro Sonic with R to R deck listed. Starting bid of $325 and BIN price of $475..... no bids yet. Item 312103356248 local pick up only... dugh!

Back
Top Bottom