New guy here.

Bill 208

Hey everyone. I've been referring to the site for some time, trying to find my new hobby since a house and 2 kids kinda stopped the whole car thing. I'm instead trying to turn the garage into a decent listening area. I recently scored a pair of Spectrum 208s in very good shape. Haven't opened them up yet, but have a very minor tear in the woofer foams only. So when I refoam, I suppose I should upgrade the crossover cirquit? Anyone have any experience with these speakers or ideas on how to go about modernizing? Thank you all and look forward to getting into the hobby.

No reason to redesign the speakers just because they need a refoam/repair. Many here want to swap the crossover electrolytic caps for new caps, frequently using a better cap which might change the sound a bit vs. a new electrolytic which might make the speaker the same as it was only ready for another lifetime.

Post some pics of the speakers and if you pull the woofer, pics of the crossover for more info. Easy, drag and drop.

No reason to redesign the speakers just because they need a refoam/repair. Many here want to swap the crossover electrolytic caps for new caps, frequently using a better cap which might change the sound a bit vs. a new electrolytic which might make the speaker the same as it was only ready for another lifetime.

Post some pics of the speakers and if you pull the woofer, pics of the crossover for more info. Easy, drag and drop.
Hey Blue. Thats what i meant, perhaps modern components, and fresh wire. I will post back to this when I pull them apart. I will use them a little more and get my foams. They have an odd, glued on fabric too, like scotchbrite pads. Guess I gotta listen without it on there and see what's best. Just cut them off yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom