New job, new system! w000! McIntosh and Focal content ahead.

i51Us8X.jpg

Ditched the CD player since I never play CDs and gave the DAC a little more room to breathe. Swapped my Pure i20 into it's place. What a great little gizmo, I wish I had bought another one when they were still making them.

i51Us8X.jpg

Ditched the CD player since I never play CDs and gave the DAC a little more room to breathe. Swapped my Pure i20 into it's place. What a great little gizmo, I wish I had bought another one when they were still making them.
Nice - I love my Pure i20 as well - great little device for streaming Spotify and Pandora.

Andx0r... Congrats to you! New job, more money, and new audio system, it doesn't get any better than that. McIntosh and Focal, a perfect match if there ever was one. The 806Vs paired with the MA6200 is the best natural sound I ever had in an audio system. Your picture above looks sweet. A place for everything and everything in its place, a comfortable room to sit back and enjoy the music.

Good for you, my friend!!

Hyfi wrote:

You must have an older pair of JM Lab speakers. I have a pair of Focal 806V mounted on Focal S700 stands. Room is 154 Sq Ft and powered by a McIntosh MA6200. My Focals do not compromise. From bass to midrange to treble, the 806Vs are the best speakers I have ever owned, and have a sound that is hard to describe. Focal said the sound is 3D holographic texture that are non-fatiguing. You need to hear these speakers for yourself, and they deserve to be on the short list for speaker shopping.

I cannot remember when I wrote the above post. As I stated, my listening room is 154 Sq Ft, which is below Focal recommendations. Maybe this is why mine produces good bass. This is what Focal said about the 806V...
Neutral and balanced, the Chorus 806 V seduces by the richness of its upper midrange and the speed of its bass. An entirely refined speaker, ideal to play in rooms under 20m2 (215 Sq Ft) without any limits. And easily larger spaces if it is combined with SW 800 V (subwoofer).

Here is a picture of my audio system.

I was sitting in the sweet spot when I took the picture, which is 8ft from the audio system. The only thing left for me to do is upgrade the power conditioner and the power cords and interconnect cables. I will hopefully accomplish this sometime this year.

Congrats man. The same as you I have gotten the upgrade bug recently. Just retired the sony es pre I got from you and am now running a halo p5. Just yesterday got a set of martin logan Ethos speakers. As you said pay is up music is on and life is good. We need to get together soon again and listen to some tunes.

Congrats man. The same as you I have gotten the upgrade bug recently. Just retired the sony es pre I got from you and am now running a halo p5. Just yesterday got a set of martin logan Ethos speakers. As you said pay is up music is on and life is good. We need to get together soon again and listen to some tunes.

Word!

Good choice on the P5. I used to have a silver one. Very flexible unit, lots of inputs. I had it paired with your Mirage speakers and a pair of Crown XLS-1500 amps. People in the space station could probably hear that system.

The Mack has to go in for surgery tomorrow to bring it's left channel back on it's phono stage, and it's temporary replacement is just a bit more modest, lol:

125B6zR.jpg

The whole works still sounds pretty good though.

While the 6200 is under the knife, ask the tech to ensure it meets published specs before picking it back up.

He did that, relamped it, and replaced a shorted out capacitor on the phono board (and it's twin on the other channel).

8ABwU35.png

mXGD2l6.png

Great to have it back and fully functional!

Your system looks great . You should consider the addition of a good subwoofer. I think that they make a huge difference in the overall sound of a system.

Back
Top Bottom