New La Scala AL-5!

The current ones are $8k, so I'm guessing the new ones will be $10k. They sure are pretty.

Yes they are pretty. And pretty expensive. I think Volti Audio Vittoras, which are a kind of a re-imagined clone of the la scala, are upwards of 15K, though.

Finally, a decent looking La Scala! Seriously though, those are very nice looking. I like the badge on the front of the horn section

https://www.klipsch.com/products/la-scala-al-5
If this link doesn't work for you, here's a pic from the klipsch website:
La-Scala-AL5_Cherry_Right-Grille.jpg

I still think it would be nice if Klipsch would offer the LaScala in two different versions. First, the "PWK" version since I know Roy wants to keep true to PWK's memory.... but why not offer the LaScala with the 510 in the top as an option. Takes the speaker to a 2-way so it's even more coherent and the scale of sound makes the stock (top) horns sound like toys.

Since the tops are removable, they could make the 510 version with a different motorboard and be just about done (I don't know if he's designed a passive for it but I DO know he's designed an active profile for it)

For those who've never heard it.... if you heard them side by side, there's NO going back to the stock version.

(said with all respect to LaScalas since I've owned a pair for YIKES 40 years now)

I see it has the new tweeter recently introduced in the new klipschorn extending the high frequencies to above 20 Khz from 17.5 Khz. I can't hear that high so that new tweeter wouldn't be an issue fo me. Wonder when the tweeter will migrate to the Cornwall?

I think it is so cool that Klipsch is still making and refining this great speaker.

They are beautiful.

Attached is a screenshot I took from their web site.

Cheers,

Snade

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 9.49.09 AM.png

Last edited:
If I had a bigger bank account and a bigger room, I'd sure be interested.

I bet the cornwall is next in line for an upgrade:)...and a price hike.:(

I'm gonna need a bigger house....I have always wanted a pair of LaScalas and I've never even heard them.

I heard a couple pairs of them in the late 70's and they really left an impression. I have some quartets that are fantastic, but I still lust for a pair of LaScalas in spite of their enormous size. I still remember the sheer power and clarity. To me, their sound is just phenomenal.

Back
Top Bottom