New Marantz Day

Hi, i just want to share some Marantz wood case I made. I really love marantz but some of these Vintage classic has their veneer wood dilapidated. so i thought of making them myself. This one is made of solid wood. you wont see nail holes or joints coz there aint any. they were meticulously "carved" from the inside. YES, i'm weird LOL. but happy to see the result :)amp 1.jpg amp 2.jpg

I also find MDF veneer coated receiver cases beautiful but they are too perfect for me. By using real natural wood, you can even smell it. Some even have their own stories, where they were found. how many years (depending on the wood grains and lines) and most specially, you can feel it. the tiny pores and imperfections makes it perfect. I once had a fragrant wood, sort of minty eucalyptus but wifey doesnt like the smell. she prefer lavander. i think a violet room will follow :) . . . below is not solid carved case. I call it wrap around. top and sides joint together. simpler grain but still pretty

5.jpg 6.jpg

Wow!!! :eek2:

Are you selling those? Please PM me for pricing and how one can possibly get those. Nice work man!

i wanted to but it depends on availability of wood. i will also check how to ship and if no problem with quarantine in your country. i'm from The Philippines. Will get back to you :)

i wanted to but it depends on availability of wood. i will also check how to ship and if no problem with quarantine in your country. i'm from The Philippines. Will get back to you :)

On AK, you can subscribe for $25/year and then sell, buy or trade in Bartertown thread. It also, put sales in the right place on this site.

I just re-read this thread and I must apologize to jparry for this accidental hijack. Now back to regularly scheduled programming :beerchug:

No apologies necessary for me!! But as Old Guy8 pointed out there is a protocol here to follow for buying and selling.
I'm impressed with 89rpm's skill and hope you guys can work something out!

my apologies too . . . sorry :(
It's all good man!! Like I said, you've got some amazing talent and we all got excited seeing it!
I need to obtain a membership myself so I can get in on the bartering, buying and selling.
Thank you all for being here and making this such a great place.:beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom