New McIntosh MR77

FauxHall

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Very fine sound - thanks Mike!

He refurbished it, swapped in LEDs, aligned, and changed the de-emphasis. Shipping was a biatch too. $260 or so.

I screwed up the lights by forcing it into the factory cabinet. The dimmer switch started to emit that Magic Smoke and blew the fuse. I had shorted it out. I just cut the two wires attached so now I have it on permanent dim.

No one here had that size fuse so I had to go to Mouser. Bought ten at 23 cents each with $40 shipping.

Just noticed that two of the meters have no illumination. That means I open it up again and check the LEDs.

What's a hobby for but to waste time and money?

Listening to Dinner Jazz now and I've never heard it sound better. Even the pop Virgin station sounds good.

MR 77 day.jpg MR77 night.jpg

Very fine sound - thanks Mike!

He refurbished it, swapped in LEDs, aligned, and changed the de-emphasis. Shipping was a biatch too. $260 or so.

I screwed up the lights by forcing it into the factory cabinet. The dimmer switch started to emit that Magic Smoke and blew the fuse. I had shorted it out. I just cut the two wires attached so now I have it on permanent dim.

No one here had that size fuse so I had to go to Mouser. Bought ten at 23 cents each with $40 shipping.

Just noticed that two of the meters have no illumination. That means I open it up again and check the LEDs.

What's a hobby for but to waste time and money?

Listening to Dinner Jazz now and I've never heard it sound better. Even the pop Virgin station sounds good.

View attachment 1214278 View attachment 1214279

Who did all the work ?

Mike at RadioX did it all. He had a bit of hassle with the outgoing international shipping which I'm thankful his efforts

Still waiting on a call back from DHL to create an account. Been escalated by customer service 4 times. I gave up. By far the worse customer service I have ever experienced.

Back
Top Bottom