New Member.......... reliving 80,s

Reliving.

Hi , Me and my Son are starting out in vintage hi-fi.....have a Dual 505_2 TT , a pair of B&W DM10 speakers and a Sony 1630 1978 Amp ......but it's not working when we switch to PHONE input......any help would be great .

On Instagram.... mattsgpovan.

Cheers Matt and Dave.

Am 71 vintage and my son is 15 and loving the 80,s.......

Welcome, Reliving!! I hope both you and your son enjoy AudioKarma.

I can't help with the phono issue, but I'd sure check to see if a tape loop is engaged. Never heard of a phono board going completely out like that.

Many thanks you two for quick reply , was told it's when back in the day the TT gets put in loft .....and nice new 1986 ( remember the Philips CD player Philips CD player) CD player gets put in phone input which draws more current....!!!!!! And burns out a few parts ..... Who knows.
Just loud HUM now......
Cheers Matt.

Reliving is an interesting screename. I'm a bit surprised that it hadn't already been taken.

hello and welcome, I believe I have sent you over here from instagram right?

It's right to do an introduction but as others have mentioned you will probably get more of a technical response on solid-state or another sub-forum. When you post there, try to provide as much background detail as possible, like was the setup ever working together for you, or they are unknown pieces? Also there are a couple of things you can test and provide info on in your thread. for example, you can hook up your TT into Aux and see if anything comes out (it would be quiet even if it works, since TT signal very low level); that will test the output from the TT. And, you can test you phono input by hooking up another device such as a phono (with 3.5mm to RCA cables) with phone set on very low volume (remember phono signals are at least 10x smaller than what you get from line level). That way you can at least know which device is playing up.

Drop a link to your new thread here when you start it up.

Cheers
(california_audiophool on instagram)

Many thanks to all that have replyed...Am a UK panelbeater for my trade and have spent 14 months re making a Aston Martin 1958 DB2/4 MKIII Drophead.....so love fixing things and pushing myself as am getting older...but have a very long way to go with this game ....you lot on here are very talented Gents....have learnt the basics.....Transisters PNP NPN diodes , Caps , but Fault finding is the hard bit for me ....How do a start to learn....

But all this makes Car electrics very easy ...wifes car indicators stop working last night so took the flasher rely apart and looking closely it was a dry joint ......so a blob of solder and job done.

Cheers Matt UK.

Check Thread on DIY....NO STEREO....

Last edited:
Was a carefree time...great music/ TV / cars / fashion............ but the grownups had it harder ...House interest was high.

Welcome to the AK Group.

Glad to see that you are indoctrinating the son! He too will suffer in time the same effects of the Vint Bug as have you.

Q

Back
Top Bottom