How do you savor new music?

• Tortoise, slow and steady, got nothing but time

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Hare, I wanna hear it all in a flash

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

VinylHanger

Navigaret ex ironia
I find most of my new music in thrifts andgarage sales, so I usually have a pretty good stack of "new" to me music sitting next to the TT. I used to grab all the new stuff and go through it in one long listening session. Just like when I was a kid, rip the plastic off and spin it. But I would never really enjoy it and forget if I liked it or not.

These days I tend to spread out my listening of new stuff. As time and mood permit I sort throught the albums and play whatever looks interesting. It takes longer, but I am a bit more involved with the music. And it is like a surprise every time... "hey, where did that one come from?" Even, "why, did I buy that?" But still fun.

So which are you, a tortoise or a hare?

Buy'em, put in data base, clean'em, line'em up for play. Must admit I'm a little backed up in the play mode and real backed up in the cleaning.

Howzabout a little of both? Can't wait to get 'em home, but once there, sit & listen several times...

Closer to hare than tortoise, usually. I keep a separate spot for newly-acquired music, stuff lives there until I've listened 3 or 4 times, usually 2-3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom