New old turntable coming soon

mikeszx81

Hi All
I like my Denon dp30l alot but fancied something different so have bought an AR EB101 its the uk version so ive read that is a difficult job to install a different arm. (guess stock arm will do unless you know different)
Eager to hear if its an improvement on the Denon. On paper the denon wins but specs are not the whole story, so going to use the same audio technica at100e. and have a shoot out
Belt vs direct drive, semi auto vs manual.
Have thought about perhaps selling my 3 decks ( my spare is a pioneer pl15r)
and getting an Ariston rd80 or Rega planar3 ? ,but got to give the EB a fair run
Does anyone know the correct way to adjust the 3 point suspension I know it should be level but how much bounce am I after Any thoughts or advice welcomed
Here`s a pic of the ar coming my way postal service permitting
eb101.jpg

Wow, I think that is the first one I've seen. Thanks for sharing! What year was that made? Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

The AR eb101 was mid 80`s I think but I didnt like it very much, very light and made of chipboard,the suspension was cool and sounded ok.
So traded the 3 turntables I had namely a Pioneer PL15R , a Denon DP30L and the AR EB101
for this Classic refurbed beauty
DSC_0234.JPG DSC_0235.JPG DSC_0236.JPG A Goldring Lenco GL75 that has been striped cleaned lubed and had the wiring updated. the arm has had new v blocks new wiring
And sounds glorious no hum motor is silent . It has a Shure m75ed cart with a non shure stylus upgrade opinions welcomed
thanks for your time now back to some more floyd

I'm sorry I thought the AR was on its way.
It seems like in the next post you had already traded it for the Lenco. I'm sorry if I misunderstood. No worries!
Yes the ar arrived, but a guy local to me restores turntables and had the lenco that he had just finished. I said about swapping the 3 turntables I had for it thinking he would say no but he said yes. To tell the truth the lenco even with the supposedly dodgy arm out performs the other 3,id say the denon was very close, the ar just looked cheap and flimsy and the pioneer just didn't sound right.

Back
Top Bottom