New Receiver: Mitsubishi DA-R8

I did some digging ( Choke gasp..cough! Hoooo boy! its dusty in here!) around and found the lamp. It's one of those little guys with no metal base. Guess I'll have to make a trip to the Shack and see if they have anything like it.

Why start a new thread, when old ones are still good?:D

I picked up a very nice looking DA-R8 today at my favorite flea market for $25. A good gamble! Works perfectly. One of the best FM tuners I've heard in a long time. Came with a manual, so I could figure out the Loudness/Attenuator thing easily. It is NOT an intuitive way to control volume, but quite effective for a proper loudness curve at low volume. I like it! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also would be interested in a scan of the manual. I just got my R8 this weekend and it would be cool to read the manual to make the experience perfect. Couldn't find it somewhere in the internet so you are our only hope to far :)

I just got a DA-R8, and it works great-except the tuning is weird. Works perfectly, IF I keep my fingers on the tuning knob, or keep my hand over the tuner inside the unit. If I move away, or remove my finger from the tuning knob, then it takes about 1 second and it sounds awful- like I'm in-between stations! I also found that if I attach a small hemostat to the little protruding allen screw on the back of the tuning wheel, it fixes the problem. Am I adding some amplification to the antenna by doing this? Is it a ground problem? I cleaned the antenna attaching screws and plate with a Dremel, to no avail. This "Touch Sensitive Lock Tuning" thing is a real pain! Where else do I go on this thing to fix it? Any help much appreciated! I should add-I vacuumed out the dust from the insides, and cleaned every pot and switch, including the tuner, with electronic tuner cleaner. Also cleaned the tuner with 90% alcohol, blew it out with air, and followed that with q-tips. Didn't make much if any difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom