New SoundStageDirect giveaway LP-The Big Lebowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
Okay, folks. It's been a while since we've had one of these. Seth, over at SoundStageDirect.com (another fine AK advertiser) has put up this LP, the soundtrack from

The Big Lebowski

attachment.php

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/various-artists-the-big-lebowski-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

Track Listing:
Side 1
1. Bob Dylan - The Man In Me
2. Captain Beefheart - Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles
3. Elvis Costello - My Mood Swings
4. Yma Sumac - Ataypura
5. Piero Piccioni - Traffic Boom
6. Nina Simone - I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good
7. Moondog with Orchestra - Stamping Ground
8. Kenny Rogers & The First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What
Condition My Condition Was In)

Side 2
1. Meredith Monk - Walking Song
2. Gluck Das Mir Verblieb - from the opera "Die Tote Stadt"
3. Henry Mancini - Lujon
4. Gipsy Kings - Hotel California
5. Carter Burwell - Wie Glauben
6. Townes Van Zandt - Dead Flowers

And the text:

Import

Extremely Limited!

Now THIS is a soundtrack! No grunge bands covering cheesy '70s hits, no retro chic, no rap-techno-country-opera superstar crossovers, just an eclectic selection of tunes by some quality performers. You get obscure tracks from Dylan and Captain Beefheart, some sublime vocalizing from Yma Sumac and Nina Simone, and cuts from world-class artists like Moondog and Meredith Monk, whose creativity exceeds their popularity. The film music quota is covered by a slice of Mancini ("Lujon") and the perversity quota filled by the Gipsy Kings' version of "Hotel California." Did we mention the previously unreleased Elvis Costello cut and the Stones cover from late great Texas songwriting legend Townes Van Zandt?

So, all y'all know the drill, I hope.

One lucky AKer is going to win this LP, simply by having his or her name drawn from the list of members who posted to this thread. (As usual, the Admins are not eligible.)

All you need to do to enter is post the word, “Soundstagedirect.com” in this thread, and, Voilá, you are in the contest.

The winners will be selected at random, by me, from the eligible entrants, who posted before 11:59 p.m. EDT, on Wednesday, October 30, 2013, when the contest closes. The winner will be announced the next day. The LP will be shipped to the lucky winner, direct from Soundstagedirect.com. Seth will cover the freight, but any monies payable to agencies because of your country of residence, including, but not limited to taxes, duties, brokerage fees, et al, will be the sole responsibility of the winner. All of AK's rules apply; see list at the top of any AK page.

So, here's one for those of you whose musical preference runs more to the eclectic.

Let's get busy, people. How many entries can we get for this one?

Attachments

• big_lebowski_soundtrack_fixed.JPG
    big_lebowski_soundtrack_fixed.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 146
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom