new subs, bad vibes

My new Paradigms realy rock bur so does my ceiling tiles! Is there any way to stop or minimize the annoying rattle?

If it were me I would get something like this and put on the Unseen side spread out with a Spade as though it were drywall putty ,
( which I would not use ).. start out with a little at a time... And think of it like you're doping a woofer but instead you're doping the panel to stop resonance

https://www.gorillatough.com/product/white-sealant/

P.S.
You're not gluing the panel in obviously you're just doping the center up to about within an inch of the edges

My new Paradigms realy rock bur so does my ceiling tiles! Is there any way to stop or minimize the annoying rattle?
Blind Bruce are you really 82 years old? If so that's awesome ....
Please teach the young ones in your life how to love stereo with real equipment not earbuds. ..

FWIW...
I don`t have ceiling tiles, but two modified sky lights above my HT rack system in the living room..
And with their plastic grate light diffusers they would rattle, so what method worked very well for me, and, not only was inexpensive, but super easy and quick to install, was to buy a couple of sheets of pre punched peel and stick self adhesive felt pads..

I then simply lifted the diffusers and stuck the felt pads in the corners and every foot or so, on the wooden dress frame that the diffuser`s rested on..
All rattles gone..
All open to listening room, Kitchen cabinet doors had the same treatment.

Also, though probably more expensive, shallow in height, peel & stick rubbery material bumpers could be used as well.
In my case I chose to use those only on all wall mounted pictures in my house for buzzing, and rattle mitigation with excellent results.

Good luck with whatever method you choose.

Kind regards, OKB

Back
Top Bottom