New Tekton Double Impacts..WOW

Different presentation. They take up less floor space than my massive 4435 or 4450's. The Tektons are very fast and agile thru the mids and treble....very authoritative on the bottom. Can't think of any speaker under 10k that competes.
Maybe the Volti Rival buts its more than double the cost

Is it possible to do some sort of comparison and post it on the "Let's Hear Your Systems" thread?

Yeah baby.

Just showed these to my lady, told her I just ordered a pair, her response "I'll kick you out of your own house!" LOL

She would have every right, I still have the six pairs of speakers I purchased last month, along with the 20 or so currently in or out of rotation lol. Minimus 7's excluded of course ROFLMAO.

I'm addicted, someone call AA, audiophiles anonymous, and hurry.

Just showed these to my lady, told her I just ordered a pair, her response "I'll kick you out of your own house!" LOL

She would have every right, I still have the six pairs of speakers I purchased last month, along with the 20 or so currently in or out of rotation lol. Minimus 7's excluded of course ROFLMAO.

I'm addicted, someone call AA, audiophiles anonymous, and hurry.
Nope, I won't!

Just took delivery of Tekton Double Impact speakers. Heard them at CES last year and pulled the string this week. These being the only speakers other than Altec or JBL Monitors (I worked for JBL for 25 years outfitting recording studios) .All l can say is WOW!! These $3,000 speakers are a revelation . Very articulate open with almost endless bottom. I highly recommend giving them a listen
Nice way to treat yourself on Mother's Day weekend! :whip::D:beerchug:

All I have to add is this is why I love this place, I don't know JBL joe but he sounds like he's been around some killer stuff. I've come into my own nirvana with a new system but I am always Eager to hear new Things. I will add these to my list. Thank you for sharing.

All I have to add is this is why I love this place, I don't know JBL joe but he sounds like he's been around some killer stuff. I've come into my own nirvana with a new system but I am always Eager to hear new Things. I will add these to my list. Thank you for sharing.
Joe's a cool guy. Met him at the Spring Staten Island meet.

Last edited:
They look like they really rock
I hope to hear a pair sometime.
They are outside of large format JBL monitors and Eggleston Works some of the finest sounding speakers available. At $3000 per pair they are a outright bargain

I'd love to see how they handle the crossover for the 7 tweeters. They are considered 4 way, so is that the 1.5 in the woofs or something with the tweets? I'm guessing the tweets.

Understand they use Eminence drivers for the woofers, maybe the mids as well?

Would love to hear a pair, thanks for sharing Joe.

Very tempting ... I switched to Magnapan 3.6R about 6 months ago and the jury is still out. My next set will be something in the "substantial tower" category. I was considering a set of used Aerial Acoustic 20T but those will likely run $8-10K and I will have to travel to pick them up. Unfortunately, I'm a Zeppelin fan and they retailed close to $30K, however, I seemed to remember them rocking pretty hard. Might keep my eyes peeled for a used set of "Double Impacts" in a few years.

Thanks for the heads up, I will have to seek out a dealer in the Pacific Northwest for a demo.

Very tempting ... I switched to Magnapan 3.6R about 6 months ago and the jury is still out. My next set will be something in the "substantial tower" category. I was considering a set of used Aerial Acoustic 20T but those will likely run $8-10K and I will have to travel to pick them up. Unfortunately, I'm a Zeppelin fan and they retailed close to $30K, however, I seemed to remember them rocking pretty hard. Might keep my eyes peeled for a used set of "Double Impacts" in a few years.

Thanks for the heads up, I will have to seek out a dealer in the Pacific Northwest for a demo.

Tekton's are sold factory direct, through the web. No dealers, that I am aware of.

Also, check out the Tekton Specials page. Some pretty good discounts available.

You want substantial towers-Grab those ADS 2030's currently listed in BT. A bargain compared to the prices noted above!

You want substantial towers-Grab those ADS 2030's currently listed in BT. A bargain compared to the prices noted above!

I'd be happy with the 1230s or 1530s, regardless of the 2030s. And it's amazing to see all 3 side-by-side, to see the size differences. Those 1230s are just so cute! :D

I heard these sound very good with real music, and not just the usual jazzy stuff with no balls used to demo insanely priced speakers at the shows. Play Zeppelin or something like that through $30,000+ "audiophile" speakers and it usually sounds like $hit. You know...the kind of speakers the gray haired idiots drool over at Stereophile.

Man do I hate the word Audiophile. The definition lookup of this word should have a creepy old man wearing $20,000 headphones with his finger up Michael Fremer's bunghole.

I kind of agree with you. I get the impression that female vocals/jazz is what audiophiles use to demo their systems. I wanna hear with something with modulations. Like play me some
Demilich and me see how clear the double bass is and how authoritatively those 27Hz, low-A, bass notes sound. I feel like just about anything can play back some female vocals and a walking bass line.

Back
Top Bottom