New to me C100

And no more fiddling around with tone controls every other song...:rolleyes:

Boy your going to get fat:rflmao:
Even though the C33 is the swiss army knife of the preamp world I very rarely used any of those controls. Just a little bit of expansion on the rare occasion I'd spin vinyl and that was about it.
I'm hoping to not get too fat as I now have a spot for the C100's remote on my stair machine. Hopefully that'll take away some of the boredom

It gets better each day if it possibly can Tony. The increase on the bass is one of the bigger changes I've noticed. I no longer use my 18'' sub if that's an indication. My polks actually sound better without it where that was not the case with the 33. The improved clarity also still amazes me and I finally know what my Polk 1.2tl's are capable of. The 3d soundstage and placement of instruments are almost spooky at times.
But that also comes at a price as there's also been some problems lol. I can now hear differences in cabling which I never could before. I was perfectly happy for years with what I thought was decent cabling (cardas and mogami) but now I'm buying Kimber and MIT. I'm also wondering how modern Mac amps with better specs and balanced inputs sound now:crazy:
Yes the honeymoon is still going strong and this C100 is quite possibly the best upgrade I've ever made and no doubt it's a lifetime keeper. Not to mention using the C33 on a much lesser secondary rig has also been a significant upgrade over the C28 and MX113 I was using in rotation.

Though I've borrowed some $$$$ cables, I've never gone down the cable/interconnect rabbit hole very far. I use starquad cable for speaker runs and BlueJeans RCA interconnects. Quality Belden and Neutrik XLR for balanced. Quite happy.

That's good to know X3 as I really don't want to go any further down the cable-rabbit hole as I feel I've gone deep enough already. I got sticker shock quickly once I started cable shopping. Even used cables are:eek2:

These dual chassis units are a steal on the used market. I keep trying to convince caddy to try one but he clings to his MX110 like a toddler to a security blanket.

It gets better each day if it possibly can Tony. The increase on the bass is one of the bigger changes I've noticed. I no longer use my 18'' sub if that's an indication. My polks actually sound better without it where that was not the case with the 33. The improved clarity also still amazes me and I finally know what my Polk 1.2tl's are capable of. The 3d soundstage and placement of instruments are almost spooky at times.
But that also comes at a price as there's also been some problems lol. I can now hear differences in cabling which I never could before. I was perfectly happy for years with what I thought was decent cabling (cardas and mogami) but now I'm buying Kimber and MIT. I'm also wondering how modern Mac amps with better specs and balanced inputs sound now:crazy:
Yes the honeymoon is still going strong and this C100 is quite possibly the best upgrade I've ever made and no doubt it's a lifetime keeper. Not to mention using the C33 on a much lesser secondary rig has also been a significant upgrade over the C28 and MX113 I was using in rotation.
My estate sale purchase came with Kimbers. I am waiting to get the MC1000 back to test cables. Stil yet to break out C39. I am resisting the double box preamp pull. Though probably futile.

These dual chassis units are a steal on the used market. I keep trying to convince caddy to try one but he clings to his MX110 like a toddler to a security blanket.
Its the generation difference stock 62 Caddy versus hyper blown 72 cutlass. He is slowly progressive in classic purchases.

Perfect, now you know...:thumbsup:

Can I push you over to a pair of MC501s?:rolleyes: They are kinda the perfect amp you know?:smoke:

That's good to know X3 as I really don't want to go any further down the cable-rabbit hole as I feel I've gone deep enough already. I got sticker shock quickly once I started cable shopping. Even used cables are:eek2:
The PBJs are about as much as I'm comfortable spending on cables ... I did buy some 6M WireWorld Oasis to reach the MC500 in the adjoining room (runs my Altecs via the SPKR 2 outputs of the C200) - those are nice as well.

Perfect, now you know...:thumbsup:

Can I push you over to a pair of MC501s?:rolleyes: They are kinda the perfect amp you know?:smoke:
I'm sure they are great amps:thumbsup: and I'm really hoping some big mono's come up locally. I was supposed to take a ride today with my bud for the first time ever to the Stereo Shop which is a Mac retailer. Sadly he's recovering from shoulder surgery and can't make the journey.:dunno:

Back
Top Bottom