New to the forum & Fishers

A-Zinger

Greetings Forumites,

I'm just a fella from the panhandle now going to college up in NYC. I've been lurking the forums for a year (maybe two) learning about vintage receivers. Finally got myself a Fisher 400 that could use some upgrading/repairs, so I've joined the forums in hopes someone can point to a quality Fisher repair person in the NYC-ish area.

I'm in grad school so I don't have as much time as I'd like to plumb the depths of all the Fisher posts, so any general tips would be gangbusters for me.

Although not much of a vinyl head I'm fairly serious about my gear. But being a grad student I can only manage "budget audiophile" status. After years of trying brands out, the ones I've settled with are primarily Schiit and Ascend Acoustics. I'm very pleased with their products.

Having said that I do have some vinyl, mainly stuff not available in any other format so I'm pretty protective of that and will be needing advice on a TT soon.

But first order of business is sprucing up my Fisher 400. So any advice on the best handlers of that gear in the North East I'm all ears.

Slan!

Back
Top Bottom