New user from the UK

Haystacks

Hi all, I have just come across this forum, having recently also discovered the Steve Hoffman one where re-msatering and all it's inherant ills are a hot topic.

I also use, and regularly contribute to, the Progressive Ears progressive music site/forum.

My musical taste is predominantly progressive rock but also encompasses classic rock, folk, singer-songwriter, Celtic, American/English 60's psychedelia, some goth-metal, as well as flamenco, opera and classical.

My main system comprises of:
Digital Front End: MERIDIAN 506 20-BIT CD PLAYER
Pre Amplifier: AUDIOLAB 8000Q PRE-AMP
Amplification: BRYSTON 4B-ST (Pro) POWER AMP
Speaker System: AUDIO VECTOR 5 (F3 LYD) SPEAKERS
Interconnects: Chord company (hand-made by their designer)
System Rack: Target

I also have a surround sound rig (Kenwood/Pioneer/Mission/Mordant-Short) but it is only used for a/v and never for music.

I also have a third system (Marantz CD-63SE, Arcam Alpha 6 PLus, SonyTC-K511S Dolby-S Cassette Deck and Pioneer F55-L tuner) which is, as yet speaker-less.

Outside of music my main interest is climbing mountains, scrambling and fell walking - all done here in the UK, partly in Scotland but mostly in the Cumbrian fells.

I have large collection of DVDs (over 1500) and approaching 4000 CDs. I ditched vinyl some years ago, having got fed up with the idiosyncracies of crappy thin (UK) vinyl, poor pressing and the need for excessive care of the software. I used to have a Linn LP12 but sold it once I found a CD player whose performance reached an acceptably high level of detail.

Welcome to AK, Haystacks! :music:

If you came over from Hoffman, you'll certainly run into some familiar folks over here... :D

Hi and welcome, I'm also from Kent in the UK. You will find this a great site, loads of helpful knowledgeable like minded people willing to share years of experience.

Cheers, Fitzy

Welcome, Haystacks! You will enjoy yourself here, lots of great information.

I have a question for you and our other UK friends. I have a friend from the UK,
who had some log in problems, and has not been able to join. Some kind of problem with registering a credit card or something? Anyone ever run into this?
Sorry for the threadcrap!

Thanks everyone.

Luckyman - I had problems, but only with my original e-mail address being a hotmail one and that being disallowed on here (as policy). Are you saying he needed a credit card to join here?

Make all checks payable to.....

Thanks everyone.

Luckyman - I had problems, but only with my original e-mail address being a hotmail one and that being disallowed on here (as policy). Are you saying he needed a credit card to join here?

Me!

Welcome aboard, Limey!

Some kind of problem with registering a credit card or something? Anyone ever run into this?
Sorry for the threadcrap!
No credit card is required to join, but payment would need to be made to become a subscriber.

The only hiccup with joining is usually a dis-allowed email address, as Haystacks experienced.

Send an email to one of the site Administrators to solve any problems with a sign-up.

Back
Top Bottom