New York City metro area gathering.

Any consideration to seeing if a hi-fi shop might be interested in hosting a gathering? I was at this place a few years ago: http://www.audioconnect.com/. It's in Verona, NJ, next door to Montclair, with several NJT train stations nearby. The owner seemed to really be into his craft (I have his card around somewhere). He played a lot of music, showed me a lot of stuff, and never got around to trying to sell me anything.
Not a half bad idea.

Any consideration to seeing if a hi-fi shop might be interested in hosting a gathering? I was at this place a few years ago: http://www.audioconnect.com/. It's in Verona, NJ, next door to Montclair, with several NJT train stations nearby. The owner seemed to really be into his craft (I have his card around somewhere). He played a lot of music, showed me a lot of stuff, and never got around to trying to sell me anything.
I know this place, too. They have a large listening area(s) and shop around the corner from their store front. Much more room than the shop in Summit. This would be a great venue, but a bit tougher for mass transit. If we get 4 or 5 votes; I volunteer to call them, unless someone knows them real well. I've only been there twice. They steered me from a Marantz CD6005 to a NAD C546BEE ad gave me a nice discount and my first pair of really good interconnects. Good guys.

I know this place, too. They have a large listening area(s) and shop around the corner from their store front. Much more room than the shop in Summit. This would be a great venue, but a bit tougher for mass transit. If we get 4 or 5 votes; I volunteer to call them, unless someone knows them real well. I've only been there twice. They steered me from a Marantz CD6005 to a NAD C546BEE ad gave me a nice discount and my first pair of really good interconnects. Good guys.

Contact is John Rutan

I'd attend.
As I read through this, mass transit is great, but not for transporting gear to demo.
I drive, so not an issue, but for others it could be. Just something to consider.
Glenn

I'd attend.
As I read through this, mass transit is great, but not for transporting gear to demo.
I drive, so not an issue, but for others it could be. Just something to consider.
Glenn
What gear would you like to bring? I want to give John an idea. I think I'll only bring a phono stage and maybe a mounted cartridge or two.

What gear would you like to bring? I want to give John an idea. I think I'll only bring a phono stage and maybe a mounted cartridge or two.
An amp, pre amp, TT, set of speakers.
Look at the Summer Frankenfest pics, this will give you an idea of the possibilities of gear people might bring, but space limitations will dictate what can fit.

You didn't leave a pair of Pendragons out of your sig, did you? ;)The space will probably be upstairs. No elevator.

I would attend. The best idea is to pre-sell on here. That gear can be left in the car until the exchange is made. Than bring some items for display/sale. What is the parking like in that area?

BillWojo

So far we have 4 attendees. On street parking should be OK. There is a small lot behind the shop; but as I recall that is mostly reserved for tenants.

I would attend. The best idea is to pre-sell on here. That gear can be left in the car until the exchange is made. Than bring some items for display/sale. What is the parking like in that area?

BillWojo
Bill, you wouldn't happen to be a physicist, would you?

Of course I'll attend. There is a lot not far from the store, it's on a main drag, so there is street parking too. I think it's metered, but not really expensive. If I get a car to use, I can bring a few things for display.

We have Ds2000, BillWojo, GD70, and myself for Verona, NJ if Audio Connection will have us. Any others? PAGS? apachef1? RamblinE?

I'm in. Happy to bring some cool stuff to play

Did I miss a date for this?

I spoke with John at Audio Connections in Verona, NJ. He would be happy to host "a bunch of good guys who love the music." However, he wants to clear each of us personally on the phone to make sure there are no sales people or hucksters. I respect that...it's his place and we hope to be guests. So far I have
Ds2000
BillWojo
GD70
nyhifihead
Chinacave

If you are still interested (new additions welcome) send me your first name and I will send it to John. Then you will call him and he'll make a guest list. Then all we need to do is agree on a date. I am psyched!
Please reply ASAP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom