New York City metro area gathering.

OK guys...just sent an email to everyone who sent me their email address for the April 15th in Staten Island... If you'd like to attend and haven't PM'd your email to me, please go ahead and do so...I'll put you on the list... We have 7 people from AK as well as myself and 2 friends, but the list is SOFT...meaning some are "maybes" , so please come ahead if you are inclined, we'd love to see you there.

Sunday, April 15th, 2018 will forever be known as the great Audiokarma "get together" set up by Supercool in Staten Island, NY !

Thank You Chris and all who attended !

hey 2channel good talking with you and B A s sounded great and those electrostatic headphones even better. How does the download compare to the disk? Sorry about the two posts. Had a great time at the meet!!

We can probably still use this thread for setting up another meetup. I think we need more than one a year.

Hey Tim...thats a wonderful thought and I agree but my house..the one we had it in, has been sold..:( I'd love to do some kind of NYC crawl... In my dreams I envision something starting at DeVore in Crooklyn, then Oswalds Mill ... Mexican on the roof of that cool place by the navy yard...then to Manhattan...to In Living Stereo..then up to Academy...or something like that..

Probably a whole damn day!...and probanly could not get to ALL of it...Aditionally of course it would require permissions from both OMA and DeVore... But think about it...we could have two crawls!

Thank you... Soooooooooooo.... Who will actually commit? No BSing around! If I get a solid date concensus date from the 4 or 5 I list (all in the next 2 months) I'll commit to putting in the leg work to make it all happen.

Its so funny, all these guys into the same things always TALK about getting together...you invite them over etc. and there always seem to be excuses...I know life is busy but sometimes one needs to commit. We end up in our basements by ourselves TALKING about audio and forming opinions in solitude...sorry but this is a pet peave..thats why Peekskill is so refreshing.

I'll commit...who else? LMK ....we'd only need 5-7 guys for a crawl! In fact that would probably have to be the limit... Takers?

The best way to improve ones system is to listen to other systems .You need a reference to identify what you are missing in your own system . I have had other AK members to my place . I would like to go on the crawl and do not mind hosting a small group . I form my opinions from listening . I have had the privilege of hearing some well set up systems . This has helped me to improve mine .

Thank you engineerd...couldn' t agree more...that's two!...Tim?

PS...I'm mid Staten Island if you'd li!e to visit pm...please...bus from ferry goes right up the block!...also SI Rapid Transit.

Hey Tim...thats a wonderful thought and I agree but my house..the one we had it in, has been sold..:( I'd love to do some kind of NYC crawl... In my dreams I envision something starting at DeVore in Crooklyn, then Oswalds Mill ... Mexican on the roof of that cool place by the navy yard...then to Manhattan...to In Living Stereo..then up to Academy...or something like that..
I’m in, though a set date dictates if the i’m free.

Back
Top Bottom