New York City metro area gathering.

this sounds very interesting. never been to a meet before so, probably be interesting in this one. i have ton of stuff but, i don't think ill carry any of my jbl subs along since they're huge and weigh a ton...pain to drag around(use to do it for parties haha)...if get a ride i have pair of Altec model 14's recapped but, one woofer is discolored from previous owner...i have tons of power amps from crown xti 4002, crown xls 2502, carver pm 600, carver tfm-24, crown micro-tech 1000(picking this up soon but, already locked the sell from main owner) and mainly use a nad 1000s(early euro/london version of 106) as main pre and just a basic numark dm1200 mixer(for sub amps).....have some other stuff too but, i don't think i'll drag everything with me...just couple pieces maybe.. still decided on this maybe..don't know if i'll be trading anything though if i do decide to come to this.

For what it's . I'd suggest not to bring stuff except for demo unless you have a pre agreed upon deal. We tend to be a gear heavy group. Unless it's deal and a half . Just my 2c

For what it's . I'd suggest not to bring stuff except for demo unless you have a pre agreed upon deal. We tend to be a gear heavy group. Unless it's deal and a half . Just my 2c

kinda got that. just putting out though what i have since i really don't list my stuff all the time and never list my stuff in sig form. if vast majority would like to demo something, they can pm or something. just giving idea for others so, if anyone interested can let me know. it also depends too. i know still good month and half so away so, there is plenty of time on the decision on my part.

I'll add you to the list of suspects. If you decide to move ahead, please send your first name and I'll forward to the owner.

I might be interested in an amp that has gain levels for each channel. My pre-amp doesn't have balance and sometimes my right ear doesn't work as well as my left. The carver PM 600 fits that description, doesn't it?

I might be interested in an amp that has gain levels for each channel. My pre-amp doesn't have balance and sometimes my right ear doesn't work as well as my left. The carver PM 600 fits that description, doesn't it?

thanks. yea, the pm600 uses 11-step input attenuators for ch1/left and ch2/right. it has balanced(xlr) and unbalanced connectors(1/4'' phone jack), and even barrier strip(bare wire) connectors.

This is what I plan to bring to demo, as long as I can make the final date decided on.
JVC-M-7050 power amp, Carver 4000t pre-amp, Technics SL-1900 TT, and my Prototype/DIY Angelica's speakers, an iPod and DAC. The Angelica's are incredible speakers, that are a mystery. I have a long thread on them trying to find their builder. Do a search on them if you have a little time. Quite interesting speakers.
Glenn

Ian here.

Saturdays or Sundays work fro me - Will list a few things, hope to bring some nice tube pres and amps -

I think Sundays are out, unless John wants to open the store just for the event. Saturday seems best for everyone. I will send the list to John as soon as we get the last name and ask for 9/10 or 9/17, OK?

I would attend. The best idea is to pre-sell on here. That gear can be left in the car until the exchange is made. Than bring some items for display/sale. What is the parking like in that area?

BillWojo
Note to all: Pre-selling would be via an associated thread in BarterTown, not here. There is no selling in the discussion forums. Thanks. You might find your posts cleaned up some...

You can talk about gear you want to bring to demo (i.e. equipment you have that you would be willing to share listening enjoyment with others), test gear you want to demo, instruments to jam with or music to listen to etc. but this is NOT the place to discuss items for sale or trade. Please keep it clean here and keep selling in BT.

Last edited:
Either I or someone needs to start a BarterTown thread regarding any items for swap/sale. While we can't have any transactions at the store, we can do it here on AK. Worse comes to worse, we swap our stuff before or after the meetup. Also I may be able to entertain a few of us back at my place after the meet if anyone is interested. I'm in a small space, but it's a fun space.

Note to all: Pre-selling would be via an associated thread in BarterTown, not here. There is no selling in the discussion forums. Thanks. You might find your posts cleaned up some...

You can talk about gear you want to bring to demo (i.e. equipment you have that you would be willing to share listening enjoyment with others), test gear you want to demo, instruments to jam with or music to listen to etc. but this is NOT the place to discuss items for sale or trade. Please keep it clean here and keep selling in BT.

"Please forgive us, babes got lost in the wood." N. Merchant

I sent John the following list, so 13 of us could potentially meet:
Handle Name
Ds2000 Tim
BillWojo Bill
kve777 Kevin
GD70 Glenn
me Jim
nyhifihead Rick
Chinacave Ian
WhiteSE Jack
Crestwood23 Tyler
nj pheonix Andy
Designdweeb Adam
Maxamillion Robert
Rex Aeterna Dave

If I left anyone out let me know. Please call John at (973)239-1799 to get on his guest list. Mention
Audiokarma music meet. He will set the date and I will post it here.

Warning. I got an error message and a virus alert when I clicked that link!
That's possibly because it is in BarterTown, in the subscriber's section, so only subscribers can see that.

Back
Top Bottom