New

SixGun

Hello
I’m Jim and I’m new to Audio Karma.
A friend purchased a Zenith stereo console and I thought it would be cool to have one.
We found a 1969 Magnavox Astro Sonic in ivory instead of the common darker woods.
What I thought was dirt was nicotine. After several days of scrubbing wood, plastic and cloth, I’m almost ready to bring it inside our home.
Despite my dislike for cigarettes, this project as been fun and rewarding. So much so, I’d consider buying another console.

7EB42640-5E3E-42CF-855A-7561592E620D.jpeg

Consoles are fun to own! My favorite thing is a nice stock console with all the doodads in working order. Slap on a stack of Christmas records and enjoy the tunes. Even better, since very few are really desirable (some old tube models and lately the mid-century modern look is popular) they can be a hoot to modify with modern electronics. That's a real conversation piece you found!

Welcome to AK! I inherited a Magnavox Astro Sonic from I think 69. I found a home for it in my garage mostly FM listening.

Thanks Guys.
My wife was told the phono only needed a needle...yeah right.
It's turning just slow enough to not sound right. Oh well. We found a local shop that will service the turntable.

Back
Top Bottom