newbie from northern Illinois

smblues

Hi, I have lurked here for a while in the past and decided to join this awesome audio forum. This is where I got the information on the Fisher 1058 that I bought on ebay a last year. my current collection includes:

Fisher 1058, 500-B (needs restoration) and TX55
Onkyo TX 4500 mkII (I bought this one new in 1977)
Soundcraftsman PE2217 preamp/EQ
Harman/Kardon T25 turntable and CD91 cassette deck (both purchased new in 1984)
Utah Heritage HS1-C speakers

I do have a questions about restoring the 500-B. I am pretty good with tube guitar amps because they are pretty straight forward but when it comes to receivers I am way over my skis. What kind of questions should I ask of a perspective service center and how much should I expect to pay? The unit is complete minus the case. I know this unit worked as recently as about 3 or 4 years ago because it belonged to my father-in-law and when he passed my mother-in-law bought a small system that she could use easily and this one spent some months in the garage before I rescued it. I hooked it up and it has very low output. The tubes all tested fine and there is no crackling or poping. From a visual perspective the caps look good, no leakage or swelling.
Any help or direction will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all very much!

Welcome to AK! :music:

(You might get a wider variety of responses if you post your question in the tubes forum! :thmbsp: )

Back
Top Bottom