Newbie from Rockville, MD

bernielubran

I am in the process of downsizing from a house to an apartment and need to find homes for lots of things that frankly I no longer need. One is my Fisher 400 stereo receiver that I bought when I was in college back in '67 or '68 (the serial number is 77,548). I haven't used it in years (along with my Garrard turntable and KLH speakers, which I no longer have), and I'm sure it is in need of a good service/cleaning. I have sold a lot of items on Ebay and have looked at what is being offered and has sold recently, but before I make any decision about that I thought I would put this post out there to see if there is anyone in the Washington, DC area that would be interested in it. Similarly, I would welcome thoughts/ideas on how to best find a home for it with a serious audio aficianado.

Attachments

• hkxzxiQsTwa1dL6kgIFp1A.jpg
    hkxzxiQsTwa1dL6kgIFp1A.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 10
Pay to join BT and good stuff will find homes easily. And welcome - I spend a lot of time in Rockville and there's some other local guys around too.

Welcome from Fairfax, VA. The Fisher is beautiful.
Kudos to you for trying to find a good home for it. It is a treasure and I understand not wanting to see it go to someone who JUST wants to make a buck on it.

Welcome to AK from the Beach!
As was mentioned earlier if you become a AK subscriber you have access to the Barter Town forum where you could list your gear. There are plenty of AK 'ers up your way and one of them would probably be happy to work with you on your downsizing. In addition we have a couple of MD-DC-VA get togethers up there a couple of times a year and there is always a table or two for selling gear. Great event for getting to know others who have a passion for this hobby.

Welcome from Reston, VA!
AKer Larry derouin in glen burnie is super fisher expert; could probably help you get it running

Back
Top Bottom