Newbie here!

Randy Ross

I just wanted to get some advice on cleaning a Sansui G9000 I have had for close to 30 years. Cleaned once at a cost of 200 dollars years ago. What would a good cleaning and changing of older replaceable parts be? Or basically a tune-up. It still purrs but it will crackle and occasionally a speaker will stop working until you mess with the knobs.

On another note I, I do run Sony SS-860's on this along and will be repairing a set of Cerwin Vega DX7's I just received (free) Just need replacement surrounds as far as I know at the moment. Any advice will be appreciated as I will be leaving these for my son and want to make sure they work properly.

Randy

Deoxit will probably clear up the crackle, it may not nead anything else. Lots of info here about cleaning with Deoxit

Thanks! I do love the G-9000 and it will shake the floors and rattle windows with the Sony's, can't wait to try the CV DX7's with it. I will try the deoxit to start and go from there.

Any type of replacement of parts if you have to pay someone is going to be expensive.

Lot of places are close to $80 - 100 an hour.

Hopefully you won't need any.

Welcome to AK Randy. Use the DeOxit suggestions as a 1st line to resolve your issue(s). That S$!t will save you a ton of time on resolving static\dropout problems.

Hi Randy and welcome to AK! Those DX-7 you have are incredibly loud. Had a set myself at one time and they were loud and clean. Enjoy your audio journey!

Welcome. There is a nice cleaning guide here somewhere. Could someone please show the gentleman from Indianapolis where it is?

Back
Top Bottom