Newbie saying hello from Canada

MarkZeds

I'm a newbie in the truest form. Never own a turntable but would like to get started enjoying the vinyl of yester year. I went on to my FB page and asked if anyone had any vintage turntables that are for sale. A friend got back to me and said she had a Technics SL-1300mk2 along with a Sony STR V6 receiver. I offered $300 CDN and she said sure ok. But after more negotiations I'm down to $200 Is this worth the $200? It's been in a box for 20 years. I'm sure the cartridge and stylus are original. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a lot to learn.

MarkZeds

A big howdy from Texas and welcome to the AK forums. There are far worse ways one could spend their money, but I don't see those as a bad start.

Welcome! Can't really go wrong with a Technics like that. If you get it, be sure to note what cartridge is installed...if any problems surface the gang in the Turntables forum will be ready to help.

Welcome to the AK Crew.

The TT is the stronger of the gear your have. You can always upgrade after you decide for sure you want to. Also check out that stylus as orig isn't always the best esp is heavily used.

With the way the prices of LP's are now, THAT is gonna be your biggest $$$ factor the future.

Q

Last edited:
Welcome to AK the lift on this is probably not working it will be a full manual it is a nice TT

Just to let everyone know I did pick up the TT and receiver for $200. She also included a new in box cartridge Shure V15 Type RS and about 25 classic rock LP's.. The install cartridge is the Shure V-15 Type IV but the needle is broken. The cue lever is non-functional but did a search on AK and found the issue. Power cable is from Europe so that will have to be changed but does have the adapter. Will be sending it out for a maintenance tuneup and detoxit.

I look forward to my new hobby and the interactions I will have with the group.

MarkZeds

Back
Top Bottom