Newer member, but never introduced myself...

w123diesel

Hello all. What a wealth of stories and info. Even having grown up with the internet, I'm amazed every day by the information that I find to answer questions and solve problems.

A little about myself...and my gear.

I just turned 30 yesterday and have been into music and stereo stuff as long as can remember. I think my buddy and I were in our single digits when we discovered his dad's Dahlquist DQ-10s--even though we were forbidden!

My buddy and I have recently rediscovered our interest in 2-channel audio and vinyl. What a great way to relax.

Several months ago he bought himself a pair of DQ-10s (and would you believe his wife likes them??). I also assisted his wife in getting him a Rega P1 for Christmas.

After his speaker purchase, I decided to track down some DQ-20s and I love them.

I have lots of gear but use the following most:
Kenwood L-07CII
Kenwood L-07MII pair
Philips 280 Pre Amp
Philips 380 Power Amp
Dahlquist DQ-20s
Beater Pioneer PL-510a TT with vintage Stanton 681EEE (new TT coming soon)

In the near future I plan to buy the Onkyo DX-7555 CD player. I think I wore the motor out in my Pioneer from 1991. I did some math and running it for 3 hours a day, 200 days a year, for the past 15 years, it has at least 9000 hours on it--but possibly many more than that!!

Enjoy,
DT

Nice t'have ya here ! What model of the W123 series do you prefer-200D, 220D, 240D or 300D ?

welcome to the addictive AK.Can always use another audio junkie..:D

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. So is this where we junkies come for therapy?!? :scratch2:

Home for me is near Pittsburgh, PA, about 15 miles SE.

My favorite W123 is probably the one I recently sold: 1985 300D. Loved that "turbo-clacker"! A 240D with a manual box would be neat. I've read that the older non-turbo 300D was available with a manual box via special order--even neater! But my all-time favorite Benz would have to be the late 60s/early 70s 280SE coupe and convertible. BTW, if you ever have W123 questions, feel free to ask.

I'm officially no longer a W123 owner, but the screen name stuck with me. Awesome car though. I would have driven it into the ground (I have a long commute to the office and PA winters are not kind to older European cars) but I decided to sell it so someone else could enjoy it.

Welcome. Great Kenny stuff. Running the L-07CII and L-07MII's myself. How does your Philips equip fit into your rig(s)?

Welcome! I am glad to hear you find AK helpful; my ignorant self has benefited enormously from the wealth of information here.

P.S. I'm not really a fan of the Mercedes diesels, but I'd take a W123 280E or a W124 300E in a heartbeat.

Couldn't figure out where everybody was getting the MB questions, until I noticed your name!

Welcome aboard!:music:

Back
Top Bottom