NHT SA-2 subwoofer amplifier

Resident

Im building my own subwoofer, using an ACI 12 inch sub, and for now as money restricts a 2.0 cu. ft box. Rather then a plate amplifier, Im looking to get a stand alone sub amp. Found these have a pretty good review for what they do and how the perform. That being the NHT sub amp.

Question is, does anyone have any experience with these and or, would this be a decent choice for a sub amp?

pdf here.. https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net/user_files/nht/downloads/000/003/102/sa_2Man.pdf?1427144605

Thanks for any information you can give. This would be used for audio listening over HT.

I have an SA-1 (lower power than SA-2) and an NHT 10" vented sub ... the two work together very well and go louder and lower than I ever thought they would.

I too have the SA-1 and the subwoofer to match, they are very nice together. I would not hesitate to run the NHT amps with any sub.

I had a NHT MA-1a, it worked well. The only issue I had with it was an issue of ergonomics. I wished the volume knob and crossover knob were both on front.

Thanks for the replies. This really helps me to make my decision. I do agree with bigx that the controls on the back are a bit of a pain, but I can live with it.

I'd consider one of the Crown XTi series pro amps--they offer a lot of power, can handle low impedance loads, and have programmable crossover adjustments on-board. They can be had cheap, too!!!

The Parts Express Dayton SA1000 is a good sub amp. It even has a front panel parametric EQ, and variable phase knob, and not just a 0/180 switch.

Back
Top Bottom