1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice Kenwood KL-A900 350Watt speakers

Discussion in 'Solid State' started by rubicinc, Jan 12, 2005.

1. rubicinc

rubicinc New Member

2. Inspiribomb

Inspiribomb Enjoy the journey

I haven't heard them, but they look a lot like the Pioneer CS-903 and the other CS-9XX series.
  3. Retro Stereo

Retro Stereo Moderator Moderator

Owatonna, Minnesota
    If there is one thing I've learned over the years about speakers, it's this; just because they have big woofers and can handle 350 watts does NOT make them good speakers. I've owned a few pairs like that and have been very disappointed with the way they sound. One pair I've owned for instance, was a pair of Sansui SP-X9900's which were rated just about like these Kenwood's you're looking at, and when comparing them to just about any other speaker I own, they sounded like crapola. Those speakers are loooong gone now and I won't be buying any of the Japanese-Style Kabuki speakers anymore. This is just MY $.02

4. bully

bully member

Near Lafayette, Indiana
    NO, they are not very good. Spend your money on a pair of Large Advents and you'd blow those worthless Kenwood speakers right out of the room.
    Or choose your speaker, but there were only a few decent Kenwood speaker systems, and that one is not one of them.
  5. tjudsony

tjudsony New Member

Kl-a900 kenwood speakers

I own a pair of them and they certainly are the best speakers that I have ever owned. I have used them on my Fisher studio amp and on my kenwood KA-9100 and both handled them nicely. 'Am not sure of their value on the market but new they were about $1000.00 in Japan where I bought them in 1985. Powerful bass and the highs go way beyond what I can hear.

Hope this helps.