Nikki Fam-12 dial cord help

Fridge

Nikko FAM-12 Tuner:Well, as I was relamping, recapping and cleaning up this really nice sounding tuner I burnt the dial cord with heat gun,,,snap! Spent some time eyeing a re-string but just about frustrated. Does anyone have a service manual for this gem? Also found the stereo indicator lamp wont light up(lamp is good, 6.3v grain of wheat). I could use the manual for that too? Any Ideas?

Last edited:
The restring would test the patience of God. Plain Dacron #30 braided fishing line will do the job.#40 would also be usable. Without the diagram, you would be tested terrifically. If you have not pulled the string out of the pulleys you can then draw your own diagram. Getting the number of wraps is important. Plain beeswax, sparingly applied to the Dacron will help it grab the pulley surfaces. I wish you luck on your attempt.

The restring would test the patience of God. Plain Dacron #30 braided fishing line will do the job.#40 would also be usable. Without the diagram, you would be tested terrifically. If you have not pulled the string out of the pulleys you can then draw your own diagram. Getting the number of wraps is important. Plain beeswax, sparingly applied to the Dacron will help it grab the pulley surfaces. I wish you luck on your attempt.

Thanks KingBubba. I have restrung a few sets but this one has 2 big wheels and multiple pulleys. I tried to study the string layout but it came apart on me. I messed with it for a couple of hours to no good results, lining up 2 wheels and the gangs all in the correct place and direction is brutal(starting point). I went ahead and ordered a manual. I have as much in the manual as I paid for the set but It really does sound really nice with my Pioneer SA-500 Amp I refurbed. I believe FAM-12 was BOTL but this is it a sold little tuner. Very well built, worth the cost of a manual. Thanks for the tips, especially the wax on the string.

Back
Top Bottom